Here are some things you have to say today.
What do you think about being 8? It's cool.
Do you feel different? Not really. Pretty much the same as yesterday.
What's your favorite color? Purple
Who are your best friends? Grace, Lourdes, (the other) Ashlynn, and of course Leah
What's your favorite movie? Kung Fu Panda 2 and Smurfs
Are you excited to start 3rd grade this week? yes, but I don't like homework
What's your favorite thing(s) to do? Play with my American Girl Doll (Julie), play polly pockets and my little ponies. I also love to play on the Ipad.
What's your favorite food? macaroni and cheese
Tell me about your baptism day? It seems exciting and fun. I can't wait but I'm a little bit nervous because everyone is going to watch me. But I get to be baptized with my best friend Grace, so that will be fun.
What are we doing today to celebrate? Going to the Aquarium and then to dinner at Chilis (her choice). Are you excited? (head nod in the affirmative) What are you going to order? Pizza and rootbeer. What do you want for dessert? um....what do they have at Chili's for dessert. Ice cream maybe.
Tell me about the party you are going to have next Saturday? There is going to be a magician and we are going to have a pinata. And there are going to be pet bunnies that we can play with. And balloon animals. Are you excited for it? Yeah.
What's your favorite game on the Ipad? Plants Vs. Zombies. What other games do you like? Doodle Jump, Arno the Hunter, Cookie Doodle, and Angry Birds
And just for fun. You know how people take monthly pictures of their babies with the same doll to show how much they have grown....well, I never was on top of things enough to do that. But I can top them. Here's Ashlyn with a little pink pig that she got when she was born.
(Ashlyn was actually about 6-8 weeks old in this picture)
And here she is with the same doll today (at age 8). Yup, definitely bigger!
And just for fun, here are a couple of newborn pictures of Ashlyn. She was so itty bitty. Sleeping so peacefully.
But really she spent most of her time looking like this.
(And that outfit, yes, it now can fit that little pink pig in the picture above. Ashlyn was probably only 4 1/2 pounds in this picture).

4 comments:
YAY! Happy Birthday Ashlyn! Can't believe she's 8. Keep us posted on the baptism. If we can come we'd love to. :)
too cute!!! I love these little birthday questions! The funny thing is when she is older and is reading back on this, she will probably be surprised that she ever played with an ipad because once she's older the ipad for her will be like the atari is for us.
Happy Birthday Ashlyn! thanks for being such an awesome friend to my little Ashlynn! :)
I remember that small little girl. You are a lucy mama! Tell Ashlyn happy birthday and that I love and miss her. (and you too!!!)
Uh.... Lucy??? Should've said lucky. I hate when I don't proofread!
Post a Comment