Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sleepy Boy

I got home from the mall yesterday at about one. I unbuckled Brandon from his carseat and then jetted upstairs to get Carter down so that he could get to nap as long as possible before having to leave to get the girls from school at 3:15. Brandon had started to fall asleep on the car ride home but when I unbuckled him he jumped up and headed inside. I told him I'd be right back down after I got Carter to bed. When I came down a few minutes later he was curled up in a ball on the rug just inside the garage. Mean mom here, I didn't move him. This boy hardly EVER naps and I didn't want to wake him up. I did have BOTH boys asleep after all. So I headed upstairs to get a few things done and lay down for a bit myself (which NEVER happens. It was lovely by the way). 

My nap was cut short by a crying baby (who woke up only one hour after having put him down.) Darnit! I was expecting to have to wake him up, not the other way around. Oh well. I brought him downstairs to check on Brandon who now looked like I needed to draw a chalk outline around him. (not a funny joke, I know). So I took his picture and went back upstairs with Carter to play. 

Brandon slept like that until we left to get the girls. I had to pick him up and put him in the car to leave. He must have been one tired little boy!

Disclaimer: So that you don't think I'm truly mean, this boy often gets his blanket and pillow and lays on the floor to sleep next to his bed at night. When I ask him why, he says he doesn't like his bed. I don't know why. He won't say. 



OH and as a side note: Don't go see the movie "One Day". Unless, of course, you enjoy non happy endings.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I would have left him too (and I probably would have Gotten out the chalk!!). Sydney says she doesn't like her bed either and she's always on my floor next to our bed! Better there than in my bed!

Camille said...

I too, would have left him. Tucker is the same way...almost NEVER naps!! Ashlyn's party looks like it was so fun!! And the Cirque Du Soleil show looks amazing!!! Glad you had a great time!!

tphillips said...

Haha! that is too funny! I would have left him too... :)

RachelAA said...

That is awesome. He must have that guy gene where they can fall asleep anywhere, anytime! I am jealous :)