I was having too wonderful of a day to take many pictures, but of course you know me well enough to know I at least got a picture of the food. Haha....Last weekend I got the AWESOME opportunity to go to the Glen Ivy Spa in Corona with one of my best buds, Tina. We spent the whole day there and still felt like it wasn't enough time. We started in the hot tubs, got a massage, ate lunch, got a pedicure, then a facial, and ended the day in the grotto. It was fabulous and fun and the weather was beautiful and perfect and really I'm counting the days until I get to go again (hoping to make it a yearly tradition).
I've never had a spa day before and now I know what I've been missing. It was seriously a bit of heaven on earth.
Yummiest mountain of nachos ever! We tried to eat them all, but just couldn't. It was a good thing we shared. I would put them as a very close second to Cafe Rio.
The Grotto. Next time we will have to do the clay mud bath first and then the grotto last. I didn't know the difference until we got there. But apparently the clay mud is exfoliating and the grotto is moisturizing. We never had time to do the clay mud. I know...you feel "SO" bad for me don't you? (I wouldn't either).
The day literally FLEW by and I seriously had to just tell myself to relax and enjoy it instead of worrying that it was almost over.
And let's not end with out a HUGE shout out to our FABULOUS husbands who wrangled the kids solo while we were gone. Including a tire blow out on the freeway for Paul. I consider it a potentially major miracle that he was driving instead of me, because honestly he hardly EVER drives my car and I am quite positive he handled it far better than I would have. I do have a mighty wonderful husband and I am ever so, ever so, ever (I know..I'll shut up now) grateful for him! Thanks for giving me the time to rejuvenate!
5 comments:
i've totally been there. its awesome!! let's go again!
Seriously such a fun day!!! I already feel like I need to go back! Thanks for being so awesome, I had a blast with you!...I seriously want more nachos!...
I so know the feeling of the day not being long enough. Glad you had fun.
Fun! And I'm actually glad for you that Paul was driving the car and not you. Boys are just better at stuff like that :)!
So so so glad you loved Wednesday Wars. I just checked out Okay for Now by the same author and cant' wait to read it.
Hunger Games is good but rough because it is so brutal. And the last one is more brutal than them all, I think. It wasn't my favorite in the series. But still worth the read for some closure. You know, I didn't really realize what kind of impact reading books like that had on me until I read In Cold Blood. That book really really got to me.
Post a Comment