SO, I was going to take the kids to the $1.00 theater today, but then my friend sent me a last minute text to see if I wanted to go to Magic Mountain for a few hours. Being with friends is ALWAYS more fun, so we decided to bag the movies until next Wednesday and head to the theme park. After all, the weather wasn't too bad and seriously it's the middle of July. I never thought I'd be going to Magic Mountain in the middle of July. It did warm up by noon, but we got a couple good hours in before the heat set in. We left the park around 1pm and stopped at Wendy's for some lunch. I didn't realize how thirsty I was. I think I drank three cups of water before inhaling my burger (ok, I guess I was a bit hungry too).
It was a fun outing though. Carter fell asleep on the way home of course, so I tried to transfer him to his crib thinking SURELY he's exhausted enough to stay asleep. Well, he's currently crying upstairs. *sigh* I'll give him a few more minutes before I concede to his ruined nap. Man naptime is hard in the summer with the other kids home all day. I know he needs them, but to be home by noon everyday is tough when there are all these fun outings to go on and friends to hang out with. (I know...my life is so rough huh!)
We got there a bit early (we thought it opened at 10, but it opened at 10:30). Did you know if you have a discover card you get to go in a special SHORT line? Sweet huh!
They even let us in a few minutes before everyone else. We rushed off to a big roller coaster so Becky's little boy, Dewy, could get a fun ride in for the day (and lucky me got to go with him.)
Carter got to go on quite a few rides with me today. He's getting big.
Right before we were about to leave we found this water play area. I think the kids could have stayed there for hours. I admit I got a little wet too. It felt so good. Carter dove right in and was soaked. Lucky for him I at least had a change of shorts for him. His shirt actually dried pretty quickly.
Brandon will use any excuse to take his shirt off. Funny boy!
The girls got a little wet, but not too bad. Ashlyn's shoes got soaked, which she wasn't thrilled about, but I'm sure it helped her cool off.
AND, good news. Carter stopped crying. We'll see how long his nap lasts. Hopefully long enough for me to lay down for a few minutes too.
2 comments:
Love the pic with you and your boys!
The splash pad is my kids' favorite part I think!
Post a Comment