I must say we are doing QUITE well checking off items from our "summer fun ideas" list. Today was suppose to be a trip to Hurricane Harbor, but the weather wasn't so great (it actually rained a bit this morning) so we decided to hit up Chuck E. Cheese instead. The kids were SO excited. We only come here 2-3 times a year I think. So when we do it's a special treat.
Carter was pretty good too. I had to follow him around some, but I also put the older kids in charge of him for short periods too. Hey....they gotta earn their tokens after all. Brandon even played with him some and they all had a fun time. We got pizza, the kids cashed in their tickets and we still got home in time for Carter to get a couple hour nap before heading out for Leah's gymnastics class.
And so while I should be folding laundry, I am instead blogging because let's face it....that's more fun!
Now this little tike is ALL over the place. He wakes up saying "go, go". He always wants to be going somewhere and doing something. He literally throws fits if I don't get moving fast enough. Good thing he's a fourth kid. Life wasn't nearly as exciting when I just had Ashlyn.
This is what he did while I was trying to get ready this morning. Climbed up on to the counter and splashed his feet in the sink water and played with Paul's toothbrush. He even stuck his mouth under the faucet a couple times for a quick drink. Seriously, where did he learn that! Oh....maybe from Brandon who does that to our water dispenser quite often. YUCK!
He's a cutie, but don't let him fool you. He's getting close to his terrible two's. He throws fits when he doesn't get his way, he is demanding, and he literally walked up to a little boy at Brandon's soccer class this morning and pushed him. REALLY!!! This poor little boy was totally minding his own business and BAM... It wasn't a hard push, but still. Carter of course, immediately corrected it with a hug. He's a smart one and he's testing the water.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun this morning! It's always nice when an outing works out well with the younger one.
Well maybe we should've gone w/ you b/c our day was a bust (similar to Brooke). Ha! Next time.
Carter with his feet in the sink is hilarious.
Post a Comment