Middle of July. That's when the beach is FINALLY warm enough to really enjoy. It was the perfect weather. The drive there was quick (took exactly one hour) and everyone had fun. We'll be going back again soon.
I love this picture of my cute kiddos. Too bad Brandon wasn't in it. He spent a lot of time at the edge of the shore playing in the water. They were all really good and it's getting easier and easier to go.
Especially when I have these three cute girls with me. I told my favorite babysitter (Callie, the one in the middle) that I'd take her to the beach with me if she wanted to come. I thought she might think it was lame to go with a mom of four little kids, but she jumped on the chance. I guess when you're 15 and can't drive, any ride to the beach is a good one. She brought her sister Bridgette along and we picked up their friend Christie also. All three girls are in our ward and all are just so cute and sweet. Plus bonus for me, they were quite helpful getting to and from the car. I told them they could come with me to the beach anytime!
And here the kids are digging a big ole' hole. Deveon started this hole, but after a while everyone jumped in and was helping make it bigger.
We could only stay a few hours, but that was plenty for me. We drove home, got Ashlyn to ballet class and then hit up Subway for dinner. It was a great day, but by the time I got the kids ready for bed, I was exhausted too and was asleep by 9pm. But I guess that was good cuz 5:30 am came early and I was up and at 'em for my weekly spin class.
This morning we went to the pool with Brooke and her kids. Now it's time for a little peace and quiet. And possibly a shower too! Leah has her last gymnastics class this afternoon (until it starts again in about a month). We may or may not have to hit up McDonald's for an ice cream cone! ;-)
4 comments:
The beach looks beautiful! Sad to have missed it but can't wait to go next time!
yes... let's all go again soon!!!
Teenagers in two - smart move lady!
so much fun in the sun, wish I was there too.
Post a Comment