Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun on the Fourth

Fourth of July was so much fun this year. I started the day out with an awesome barre class at yogaworks (from my spreebird deal pass). Then my friend Beth generously offered to watch my kids so Paul and I could go on a date. We decided, since I was in exercise clothes, to go hiking in Placerita and then finish up at Panera Bread for lunch. 

Later that day we met up with lots of wonderful friends for fireworks. This is our third year at the same location and we always have lots of fun. The kids run around and play together while we parents watch them and chat it up amongst ourselves. Shortly after dark the fireworks start. It's late for all these little tikes, but they were troopers and it was worth it to get to celebrate the Fourth of July together. It's such a great holiday and one of my favorites (although I think I say that about most holidays). But really this one is up at the top of the list. We sang patriotic songs all the way to the park where we watched fireworks. Brandon told us to stop because it was "too boring for him". Haha...oh well. It probably had something to do with my very loud (not so wonderful) singing voice. But whatever. It got us in the mood to celebrate the wonderful country we live in. With all it's imperfections and problems these days, it's still the best country in the world and I'm so grateful to have been born in it.

A quick photo of me and Paul hiking around Placerita. We were only there for about 45 minutes, but it was still lots of fun. I'm excited to go back again. Can't believe it's literally the next exit off the freeway down from our house. I love where we live.


Okay, now on to pictures of that evening.

These cute little guys just had a blast playing together.


Tina, Lauren and me


Becky, Tina, Brooke, Lauren and me 
Some of my most favorite girls!


A rare family photo. Too bad Brandon wasn't in the mood to cooperate.


He was being a stinker here too.


But then he decided it would be fun to have his picture taken. As long as he got to make a funny face. 


Some friends hanging out eating dinner.


 Tyler, Audrey and Leah


Tyler and Ashlyn. It's Leah that is only be three days apart in age, but it's Ashlyn that is best buds with him. 


Once again Brandon decided to not cooperate.


But my little Ashlyn is always ready for a photo op with her mommy. 


I happened upon this photo op and snagged one on my camera too.
Adam and Beth with baby Cole. Our new neighbors!


My honey and my baby!
It was a pretty cold evening. We were all bundling up and trying to snuggle in every blanket we had. Next year we will definitely bring more. Of course, then it will probably be way hot!


Audrey and Leah


I find myself taking a lot of pictures myself. It's pretty much the only way I get in photos most of the time. And I must document that I am actually everywhere my children are. Plus even though I don't usually like the photos I'm in, I think someday I'll look back and think I actually looked good. 


Dewy, Tyler and Ashlyn. All first borns and all best buds. 


Leah watching fireworks and almost falling asleep. Poor girl was beat!


The only shot of the fireworks that even half way turned out. But it's a good place to end on. Happy Birthday America! We sure love you!


4 comments:

Beth said...

We had a great time! Thanks for the invite. And I stole this photo of Audrey and Leah from your blog. All the ones I took of the two of them came out blurry ;)

RachelAA said...

What great pictures - sorry we missed it. I love your date though; that's one of my favorite past times. Cute. And fabulous family picture. WOMAN, you always look great!

Dana said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we could have joined you. Of course we are too old. I actually got Ron to go to see the fireworks this year with friends and it was fantastic.

Lauren said...

Love Love Loved it! Thanks for showing how to partay in SCV! PS i stole some pics from the night off ur blog ;)