Sunday, July 1, 2012

LA Zoo

So I got it in my head that I HAD to go to the LA zoo before it got too hot. June is usually not too bad here weather wise. What with June gloom and all. I mean, we were at Magic Mountain on Monday and the weather was gorgeous. Well, by Thursday much had changed because by the time we got to the zoo it was sweltering. Like miserably hot. Either that, or we are clearly spoiled here in LA and can't even handle a little bit of heat. So maybe it was a little of both, but it was pretty warm. You can see it in my kids poor red faces. 

But we had made the drive down and were determined to at least enjoy it for a couple of hours, which is about all we lasted. But we got to see the new Reptile Lair, which the boys were very excited about. Carter was actually pretty darn cute. He LOVED seeing all the critters crawling around. Got so excited when he could actually spot them and/or see them moving around. 

Afterward, we stopped at a snow cone shop to try and cool off. I was with three other friends and their kids. So in all, there were 16 kids. It was a bit of a crazy stop and the ladies behind the counter were clearly flustered (and moving at the speed of a snail might I add), but the snow cones were good and we all went home happy. Next zoo trip will be out to Santa Barbara Zoo this summer, where is will definitely be cooler. We won't be hitting LA zoo again until Fall that's for sure.

Look at that poor little red face. Don't let it deceive you though, he was having so much fun!
He didn't care that it was hot.


Cute little friends. Carter and Lily.


Brandon showing off his map.


Leah with the turtles.


These lizards were clearly loving the heat. They were running all over the place.


A very pointed nosed crocodile.


My attempt at a picture with all the kids in it. Brandon wouldn't cooperate.


But then he changed his mind. Unfortunately, Leah was in some weird little mood and wouldn't sit still. Uh....I guess that's nothing new actually. 


Carter climbed back into the bushes and then said, "STUCK". Haha...I had to snap a photo before I got him out. He's such a good sport. Even gave me a good "cheese" for the camera.


Here Leah is begging to pick just ONE flower off the tree. But I told her if every kid picked a flower off, there would be no flowers to enjoy. (I know...I'm mean.)


Look at this mischievous little girl reaching her hand out for a flower. She's definitely testing her limits. A moment later she came running up with a flower in her hand....claiming she found it on the ground. Hm....I'm not so sure, but whatever!


Brandon with his little bud Noah.





2 comments:

Dana said...

The kids are so cute and Leah is the spice of life.

Dana said...

The kids are so cute and Leah is the spice of life.