Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election 2012

I don't have much too say about the election, because if I do, I will cry and I don't want to cry. Mitt Romney is SUCH a great man. He would have made a WONDERFUL President. He would have done so much good. 

Anyway, it doesn't really matter why he didn't win. The what ifs and such. It doesn't do any good. Obama is still our President and I'm hoping and praying he will do a better job in the next four years than he has done in the last four. Not to say he's a horrible man. He's not. I just don't think he's led our country well.


Here's a quote I snagged off of a friends blog. I found it comforting to remember who is really in control. And to know what is really most important in this life. My Family, my Faith.

"Men may fail this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never faith.  This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden.  This is the place of the New Jerusalem.  This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world.  This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple.  This is the favored land in all the world.  yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail.  I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges. 

"I please with you not to preach pessimism.  Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world.   This is the favored land.  This is the land of our forefathers.  It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through." 


President Harold B. Lee, Ye are the Light of the World.  

1 comment:

Dana said...

Thanks Amber, I needed that quote. It was too sad when I finally admitted to myself that he wasn't going to become our next President. I think his concession speech was more generous and noble than any I have ever heard.

Yet, President Lee is right, the nation will stand and we must hold on to our faith.