Pop came in town. Hooray. He came in Monday night and headed to my brothers house. Tuesday morning I came to pick him up and we hung out for the day. Dad took me and the boys to IHOP, while the girls were in school. Then we went to the park and back home to hang out for a while. Wednesday I did a little Thanksgiving cooking in the morning and then went and picked up my Dad again to go shopping with the kids. My Dad totally spoiled the kids at Toys R Us. It was like a mini Christmas around here. The kids were elated though of course.
Ty with Kylan and Khloe.
Leah drew this picture of our family with Pop in it. I love that she included my Dad's mustache and his earring. That girl doesn't miss a thing.
We were planning on spending Thanksgiving Day with my Dad and my brother and his family, but Wednesday night my Dad got really sick (as was half of Tyler's house), so plans got changed and we ended staying at home for our big dinner. Heather and I still made all the same things we were planning on fixing, and then just split them up and ate at our own houses. It was like dividing up left overs before the meal started. It was sad to not all be together on Thanksgiving Day, but we made the best of it and still had a really fun day.
Dinner at home. We ate while Carter was napping and I must admit, it made it quite relaxing for me.
Leah has fallen in love with pumpkin pie. She had some at school last week and was begging me to make one for Thanksgiving. She couldn't wait until dinner was over to dive in.
One of Carter's gifts from Pop. "Hulk Smash" hands.
Friday I opted out of Black Friday shopping and instead spent the day relaxing and getting my Christmas decorations up. I loved it. Paul took Brandon and Leah to see "Wreck it Ralph" (Ashlyn had already seen it) while me and Ashlyn (and Carter after he woke up from his nap) worked on getting the house in the holiday spirit. We of course saved plenty of ornaments for the other two to put on the tree once they got home. Later that night, I went out with my SIL Heather and her two boys to go see "Rise of the Guardians" (great movie btw).
And finally, after almost 12 years of marriage, I have a nice Christmas Tree. One that I really truly love. Our previous one was a $17.00 tree from Target we got when we were newly married.
So you can guess how excited I am to have this one!
2 comments:
Wow carter looks so tall in those pix by the tree. Looks like a super fabulous Thanksgiving! Love the pix of ur cute little fam! And I love your shirt! :-)
I love the pumpkin pie coma :)
Post a Comment