Days move on quite quickly around here, as I'm sure they do for most people.
Carter got sick a week ago. Pink eye. So sad. He was a trooper, but he caused us to miss our date to the temple. Hoping to get there soon. It's been a while.
So we had a date night in after the kids were in bed. I'm not too fancy, I know... but oh well. The food made up for it.
Ashlyn's girl scout activity got canceled last week and I had a sitter already arranged since it was my turn to volunteer. So I took advantage and took the girls out to Chilis. It was win/win since I had a coupon for buy one meal, get two kids meals free.
Ashlyn started back up with her Ballet class she does through the city Park and Rec program. Leah started Jazz class with her good friend Ashlynn. These are two little sassy peas in a pod. They LOVE class though and I'm excited for them to have a little recital in June. Leah will eat it up.
Ashlyn finished reading the first Anne of Green Gables, so we watched the movie together. Such good memories. I think I was just as excited to see it as the girls were. I'm a lucky mom to have two little girls to do girly things with.
Leah had a school project where she had to create an office building for the "community" they were building. Daddy helped her since it was a "family project". So of course a little "Dunder Mifflin" had to show up on the building. Can't go without representing "The Office". One of Paul's favorite shows.
Carter's practicing his driving skills and doing pretty well. I love that we live on a pretty quiet street and can let the kids drive around out front (supervised of course, but still).
My wonderful friend Becky finished sewing my curtains for my windows as a Birthday gift and I've gotten half of them up so far. It's hard to find enough rods for all those little windows. I'm on the hunt. Just bought out Target's supply and need just 4 more rods. I love how they turned out and we are really hoping they will help with the heat in the summer.
Family night usually involves some airplane flying activity. Paul builds pretty awesome planes. I watched from the bottom and tried to avoid getting hit.
Well, off to change a dirty diaper and put my little one down for a nap before the girls get home from school. Just another regular day! But I'm grateful for them.
Oh and I finished the book "Divergent" by Veronica Roth in two days. Not sure how I did that except that I lost sleep to do it, have a pile of laundry to catch up on, and kind of ignored my family every chance I got. So I guess I know how I finished it. It was a REALLY good book (thanks to my cousin Brittany for the recommendation) and I'm excited to start the next one, "Insurgent". Just going to wait a week or two before getting sucked into another book.
Oh and I finished the book "Divergent" by Veronica Roth in two days. Not sure how I did that except that I lost sleep to do it, have a pile of laundry to catch up on, and kind of ignored my family every chance I got. So I guess I know how I finished it. It was a REALLY good book (thanks to my cousin Brittany for the recommendation) and I'm excited to start the next one, "Insurgent". Just going to wait a week or two before getting sucked into another book.
2 comments:
Did your baby get a haircut? It looks so thick!
I loved this post. Regular life is the best. I need to do better at appreciating it. Growing up we would almost always have paper airplanes at FHE too. Without fail, no matter where she was sitting, my mother would get a plane to the head before the night was through. Great memories.
Carter's hair looks so cute. And that picture of Leah holding her office looks SO much like you!!!!! Now I want to read Divergent. I envy your quiet street and adore those sassy girls!
Post a Comment