Friday, August 16, 2013

Ashlyn turned 10!

PART TWO

The mommy/daughter date

After the pool party, we all got showered and cleaned up. Since Paul was home, me and Ashlyn got to go out on a nice long mommy/daughter date. At the beginning of the summer I made punch cards for the kids to encourage them to keep reading and work on school pages and such. Each one got to choose their reward for getting all of their punches. Ashlyn of course finished hers and chose for her reward to go on a mommy/daughter date. So that combined with her birthday was more than enough reason to celebrate BIG!

It was a mighty hot day, so we had to make our first stop at "Shave it" for a snow cone. YUM!


Ashlyn got a lot of money for her birthday, so we headed straight to Justice to pick out some accessories she has been eyeing online for quite a while. She got some cute lip glosses, a scarf, and a new watch (see below). Then we headed to Claire's for new earrings, which included her first pair of hoops. Small of course, but she was quite excited.


Throwing coins in the fountain. She made lots of good wishes!



I named a bunch of restaurants at the mall we could go to for dinner, but once I said "Souplantation" the decision was over. So we headed there and quite literally stuffed ourselves silly. 

After the mall we headed to Target to spend her gift cards and then had to go home so Paul could get off to the church for his Tuesday night meetings. 




But our fun didn't end there because once the other kids were asleep, Ashlyn snuggled into my bed so we could watch the first Harry Potter movie together. I'd say she had one pretty awesome 10th birthday!


4 comments:

RachelAA said...

Awesome birthday for an awesome girl - such a great day!! And such beautiful pictures.

Beth said...

Will you be my mom?! Seriously though you are THE BEST mom. How amazing is this birthday?! I can tell she felt so special. Good job mama. :)

Camille said...

She is SUCH a cute girl!!! Chloe had lots of fun at her birthday party! And she thought the cupcakes were so cute! And I do too!!! Happy Birthday to Ashlyn! Double digits!!!

Dana said...

You are a lucky girl Ashlyn. You have the best mom ever. You are prettier and prettier. I love you, Grandma D