Thursday, September 26, 2013

SO Proud

Do you see that? Ok, so they spelled her name wrong, but that's okay.

 MY Ashlyn played a flute solo in front of our entire ward congregation during church this past Sunday. And you know what....she did AMAZING! She was SO nervous and practiced more than I've ever seen her practice, but I was so incredibly proud of her for overcoming her fear and being willing to do it. It makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. Sure love that girl of mine!


And while I'm on my mommy brag, which I can do since it's my blog and all, I have to remember this story. 

So Brandon has this kid on the playground (we'll call him Justic because well...that's his name and I don't care about protecting his identity. LOL) He makes fun of Brandon. Calls him names and such. Well, Leah heard Brandon telling me about him. So one day after school while the kids were all waiting in the valet line, Leah hears this kid call Brandon a mean name. So Leah goes right over to him and says, "Hey...that's my brother. Don't call him that"! 

When the kids got in the car and told me the story, I think my heart was about ready to burst out of my chest I was so proud of her for sticking up for her brother. And who knows if this kid will really stop calling Brandon mean names (he has so far, but we'll see in the long run), it just made me so happy to know she wasn't gonna let some bully make fun of her brother. That Leah doesn't miss a thing. 


And just for fun, for some reason I think it's so incredibly adorable to see Brandon doing his homework. So I took a picture of it. 


This was actually at his class today when I got to go in and volunteer. I have to be grateful he wanted me to sit right by him in class since some day I will most likely be an embarrassment to him at school. Haha....


1 comment:

Dana said...

I so wish I could have heard Ashlyn on the flute. Can she bring it with her and play for us?
Leah, you go girl. You're a great big sister. I'm proud of you.
Watching Brandon do homework is so great because boys don't usually like homework and he is so handsome. In fact I could just sit and stare at all you cute, beautiful, handsome kids. I'll do that when they get here.