My sweet, adorable, wonderful and loveable Ashlyn turned 11! I know I say this every year, but I can't even believe another year has gone by. It's fun that she is getting older, even though I miss having her little so much. I'm mostly just so grateful to have her. She is helpful and kind and always wants to do what is right. I love her to pieces!
Leah was my super helper and did some shopping with me the night before and then helped me make Ashlyn a cake. We chose Snickerdoodle cake since that is Ashlyn's favorite cookie. I must say it was quite delicious!
A few little decorations to make the house birthday happy!
We woke her up with breakfast in bed and a lovely rendition of "Happy birthday to you"!
Then Paul surprised her and took the day off. We went to the last dollar movie of the summer. It happened to be Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Go Dreamworks! We all had a great time. Cute movie.
Then Paul took her out to lunch and shopping around Target.
That night she requested BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner. Then Callie came over and we had cake and ice cream. I know my cake isn't that pretty. I was pretty sure the icing recipe would make WAY too much, so I halved it…..I was wrong. So my cake is sparsely iced. But it was still yummy and I think Ashlyn liked it.
I think she had a great day! And the fun isn't over. For her main present she requested to go shopping with me. So we are off to "Justice" in the mall on Saturday to spend her moola!







1 comment:
Yay! Happy Birthday Ashlynn!
Post a Comment