Saturday, August 9, 2014

Squeezing more fun in…seriously my kids don't know how lucky they are

 The day after getting back from Henderson, I was crazy enough to load the kids up and head to the beach with Becky. It was a perfect day at the beach and the kids had a blast so it was well worth the trip out to Malibu. Sat in an hour and a half of traffic coming home, which wasn't too fun, but better than the 2 hours it took me last time. Ugh…why must so many people live in LA?! 

After the beach though and getting everything (including the car) all cleaned out, I was pretty much exhausted and told Paul I needed a break. So after swimming with Beth and her kids Friday morning and some school shopping Friday afternoon, I got a sitter until Paul got home from work and I took off to Cafe Rio and the mall for a little "me" time. It was much needed and much appreciated and honestly could have lasted a lot longer, except that the mall closed and I had nothing else to do. 

Just three more days before school starts and we still have dentist appointments, haircuts AND (most importantly) a birthday to celebrate! Yahooo….Ashlyn's turning 11 on Wednesday. I can't even believe it. I don't want to believe it. She's getting too old! 








2 comments:

Beth said...

I sure love you and Becky. Two of my favorite people.

RachelAA said...

Malibu really has been beautiful as of late but grrr darn traffic. Super gorgeous picture of you and Becky. And WAHOO for a mommy break. I take those and hate it when things start closing on me and I wonder what to do with myself. But glad you did it!