Monday, February 25, 2008

Short lived

Ok, so Leah doesn't like her big girl bed anymore. She only slept in it that one night. Don't know why. She did SO SO well in it and was SO SO excited. But now she has decided she likes the "baby bed". Oh well. I'm not gonna push it. We'll just keep encouraging the big girl bed and hopefully she'll decide it's cool again. In the meantime, Ashlyn is so sad. She said, "but I like her company". Awww..... I just love that girl. She's so sweet.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't you just love transitions!? It seems like there is one milestone after another to get over...and then you have another one!

Nanette said...

I'm surprised that such a sweet comment didn't convince Leah to stay with Ashlyn!

Beth said...

Oh no!....... Oh well. You're not in that much of a rush at least. Hey, I did think of one thing (not that it would help much). Aren't the mattresses the same size in a crib and toddler bed? You could put her current crib mattress on the toddler bed and let the baby have the new mattress. Maybe then she'd be a little more comfortable??? Maybe not though. It's a minor change, but I think for adults we always notice when we get a new mattress, so why wouldn't a toddler notice?

Hey - and THANKS for the Happy Birthday. First thing this morning he threw a HUGE tantrum about changing his diaper. Here come the twos!!!!!! Help!

Amber said...

Yea, I thought of that too. The mattress in her toddler bed IS the one from her crib. The crib now has a new mattress. It hasn't made a difference. But thanks for the idea.

Brian & Veronica said...

too bad. I agree with nanette, I'm surprised she didn't want to stay just b/c Ashlyn is so sweet. What a tender moment. :)
Love, V

Beth said...

I thought of another idea. Could you put the toddler bed in her room??? Just temporarily until she gets used to it.

Rebecca said...

She's attached to the bed itself? That's a unique comfort item.

JoElle said...

Cute baby, cute bed, cute jammies, cute girls! Sorry that the bed didn't work out. Oh, the things to look forward to.