Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Growing Boy

I took Brandon for a well baby check up today. He's now 10 pounds 7 ounces and 22 inches long, which puts him right in the 40-50%. They did a bilirubin test on him also because he has just a tinge of yellow in his eyes still. I don't know if anyone has had that done on their baby, but it's crazy. They basically have to "draw" blood from their heels, one drop at a time. It took 10 minutes of squeezing his heel. I hated it. Brandon did really well though. He was so tired, he slept through most of it. Personally, I don't know how nurses do their job. I guess it's not so hard for them since they aren't emotionally attached to their patients. But as for me, I'm exhausted from the stress of it all. I need a nap!

6 comments:

Renee said...

Julian had to do that. He was jaundice when we brought him home. Anything that is wrong with them when they are so tiny is stressful.

Sherry said...

what a big boy he is becoming!

Unknown said...

awww... i already miss Jack being THAT small! he too almost had to have that yellow test done... but his color faded eventually. poor little man:( i can't wait for your visit in september!!!! mmm

Erin said...

Aww...I bet that's hard to sit and watch. He's gettin bigger. He's such a cutie.

Michelle said...

Ugh! All 3 of my boys were jaundiced and had to have that same test every day for a week. Sometimes 2x a day. Its not nice to hear the nurse say "oh, we cant use that heel anymore, can we" about your baby. I feel your pain.

And the lil' guy is getting to be a porker, isn't he?! And I for one am glad. I LOVE chubby babies!

charlotte and clarke said...

Little B, is a cutie pie. Hey we are so excited to see Kung Foo Panda. We miss you a ton! Nauvoo was great lets do it together sometime. We are only going to Utah in July it was getting too complicated, but we are SOOO sad that we can't play.