Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No, no, no

I'm SO not ready for this. (Luckily, she didn't really go and she cooperated and put her diaper back on. With panties over the top.) I told her we'll start in the Fall when Ashlyn starts Kindergarten. Whew, the thought of it makes me tired.


Oh, and I got a new bedroom set too. You might be thinking I'm quite spoiled these days. Well, yes, that is partly true. But not so much if you knew that we previously had NO headboard or curtains, my nightstand was a screw together table bought for $15.00 at Target when we got married, and Paul's nightstand consisted of two cardboard boxes full of food storage. (Now we just need a bigger room. Maybe in a house even. I won't hold my breathe. In the meantime, I am LOVING my new room.)

18 comments:

Carlie said...

You are the first person I have ever known who didn't want their kids potty-trained!!! How old is Leah now? She is so amazingly adorable! I say (and you can just tell me to stuff it) if she wants too, break out the "potty beans" and let her go for it! Good luck and I hope your tiredness wears off soon. Mine is just about to begin!

Amber said...

I only don't want her potty trained because I have a 1 1/2 month old. I can't be racing her to the bathroom, when I'm sitting feeding the baby. I did that with Ashlyn and hated it.

Kerri said...

This is hilarious! Dylan who is only about 21 months keeps pointing at the toilet and asks to go "pee-pee". I take him over, remove his diaper, and hold him up to see if he will go. He has never gone, but asks to go about 2 times a day. Maybe one of these days he will actually go, but I am not counting on it, and I refuse to start potting training now!

Oh and I LOVE your bedroom!! Where did you get your bedding? We have had the same bedding for 7 years, and I am getting the itch for an upgrade. How fun to be redecorating the house!

Jamie said...

LOVE the bedroom! Did you guys buy the set or was it a present? Where did you get the bedding? You did a great job!

Amber said...

We bought the set from a furniture store that is supposably going out of business. But I think it's just their excuse to have continual sales. But who cares cuz we got a good deal on it. And the bedding is from JCPenney. Go figure right! I've been looking for new bedding forever. Who'd have thought I'd find it at JCPenney of all places.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was first thinking, "why wouldn't she want her trained?" and then I thought, "well, wait she has a newborn" and then when I read that you wanted to wait for Ashlyn to be at school I thought, "Ooooohh. That makes sense. She'll have more time to deal with it." On top of that how cute is Leah. She is soooo adorable. I like the picture.

Michelle said...

ohmyheavens, GORGEOUS bedroom set! Love it! We have still yet to get a headboard for our bed, after almost 9 years! Oh well. And I am so with you on the potty training thing. Unless she is doing everything by herself, wait until the fall.

Sherry said...

I love your new room! oh and good luck with the potty training!

Unknown said...

i love the bedroom set.. where did you get the bedding... i sooooo love it! And wow- Miss Leah is gorgeous on the potty!

Renee said...

It's fun to get new stuff for the house. Lookin' good! We were just talking the other day about the potty training. Good luck!

Laura said...

leah looks so cute and eager sitting on the pot! haha. But i feel you on postponing the potty training. Well i guess I don't really "feel you" because i haven't experienced it yet, but I see your point. haha

p.s. don't feel bad about not knowing about the move. It was back and forth for so long and we barely decided a few months ago when Chuck got a job out there. And this is the first time I've ever mentioned it in a post, other than one little blurp a few months back. haha

brookeisacrazylady said...

dude...don't listen to anyone about potty training. do it whenever you need to. darby did it on her own like that when baylie was 1 month old and it almost put me over the edge. Darby wasn't even two! seriously made me crazy, although i don't think i could have deterred her much...

brookeisacrazylady said...

and i love your new bedroom set. its nice to feel more grown up huh?

casey.chelsea.cali said...

I'm so excited for you!! Your bedroom set looks great! The picture of Leah is adorable and so funny. By the way I tagged you!!

JoElle said...

Love the bedroom. I'm looking at bedroom sets too, but will probably wait until we're in a new place...whenever that will be. Our bedroom walls right now are a dark sage green and I'd rather not have to match my set to a paint color I didn't even pick out.

Carrie L said...

Love the bedroom set! And I can't wait for your secrets to potty training!

Sydney said...

amber, I love your new furniture. It all looks so great! How fun. And, Leah is going to love you for that picture of her in the bathroom someday!!
I just got new bedding, too. And it is brown and Aqua. Looks a lot like yours. I love the colors!
Love ya,
Brenda

Karalenn Hippen said...

Ooo. So so lucky. It's beautiful! Hooray for you.