Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More conversations

I really do have a journal that I keep for all my kids, but lately, it's been easier to just stick these funny little conversations I have with my kids on my blog (knowing that it will be made into a blurb book at some point in the future anyway). Plus, I think it's good to keep my family up to date with their nieces/cousins/grand-daughters, etc... personalities.

So here's Ashlyn's latest.

I pack Ashlyn's lunch everyday for her to take with her to school. She likes to tell me that almost no one else brings their lunch. They all buy. But Ashlyn doesn't want to buy her lunch. She just likes to tell me that. Anyway, one day she was telling me how some kids get cookies with their school bought lunch and that she never has a treat in her lunch bag. So here I am thinking she wants a treat in her lunch. I had some leftover hershey kisses from a baby shower I did last week, so yesterday I put one in her lunch. She comes home from school and I notice her hershey kiss is still in her lunch bag. So I ask her why she didn't eat it. She simply replies, "oh, you aren't allowed to have candy at school". Then she walked over to me, took it out of my hand, and ate it.

(I think the school meant you aren't allowed to have candy in CLASS, but I didn't correct her. Maybe that was mean of me. Oh well. And lest you think I do not allow my children to have treats, that is not the case at all. So don't worry for them my family. They are not deprived.)

5 comments:

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Ok...you really should get their pictures done by her when y'all come down. She is super cheap and really, really good!!!

tphillips said...

I love your kids...they always make me laugh...how cute...

Michelle said...

i have to laugh at your girl's little comments. i especially think it is funny that leah understands lying gets her what she wants. not that it is funny to you.

thanks for the advice on my blog. i really need it right now! i actually have considered california b/c i want to work in copyright...which california is perfect for. but it is also one of the hardest places to get a job. i can't believe that V is out there! She has moved a lot lately! I thought troy already lived there...no? but in any case, an old mill reunion would be fun!!!

The Fast Family said...

Ok, That is Funny. :) I love these stories.

Sydney said...

Ashlyn is so funny! what a rule follower. Lucky you!