The gardeners came today. When they left I noticed some weeds in my mulch. I wondered why they didn't pull them out, so I went out to pull them up. Upon closer inspection, I realized they weren't weeds, but bean sprouts! Then I realized they were the beans the kids planted. You see, I have a little terra cota pot with beans in it that holds "flower pens" that Ashlyn made for me in Girl Scouts last year. It sits next to my phone. Well, the kids wanted something to plant so they thought it would be fun to start planting the beans from that pot. They've planted dozens in the mulch in our backyard. I never dreamed they would actually sprout, but sure enough they are. My gardeners probably think I'm crazy for planting things so randomly around the backyard. But hey, kudos to them for knowing the difference between weeds and bean sprouts. Haha....
I think I should start giving my kids real seeds to plant and point them in one location. I've never had much luck with seeds. Apparently my kids are better at it than I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment