Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday/Easter/Earth Day all rolled into one

I didn't realize when Brandon was born that his birthday would sometimes fall very close to Easter. Well, this year it was two days before and I must say I am now kind of nervous for Carter's birthday being on Halloween every year. It's a lot to plan. Kudos to my mom for always making my birthday feel very separate from Christmas (my birthday is four days after) because it's a lot to organize. ANYWAY, the kids were off of school this year for Brandon's birthday (budget cut day), but it worked out nicely for us. Paul even took the day off and finally used one of his Christmas presents from me and went golfing with a buddy in the morning. So while the guys were gone, and since it was so close to Easter, we dyed eggs with some friends in the early afternoon and then had some more friends and family over for a little BBQ. Brandon was very excited for his "BIG party".




Ashlyn was very meticulous about dying her eggs. She knew she had 9 eggs so she carefully picked out which colors to do and took her time getting each one JUST right. Sounds like her huh!


 The rest of the kids were done and off playing with something else in no time at all. Although I must add that the girls lasted way longer than the boys.


Two of my cute pregnant friends Becky and Tina. I'm very lucky to have such wonderful friends in my life. Can't wait to meet your little baby girls! One next week and the other this August. Yay for beautiful girls.


The kids were all so good and had a good time playing in the backyard.


Daddy and Hyrum got home just in time for dinner.


Didn't realize this picture was fussy. Wish I would have taken another one. We were SO glad our kids cousins could come over. They even missed another birthday party to be here for Brandon's. Those are some GOOD cousins!


Brandon tore through his gifts SO fast. Quite the change from his Christmas unwrapping just four months ago. I have to apologize if I messed up anyone's thank you cards. I was trying really hard to see what gift came from what friend, but I might have gotten some wrong.




Tyler even managed to get off of work and come be with us too! I think he's trying to make up for the fact that he forgot to come to Brandon's Baby Blessing. Ha....He'll never live it down. Poor Tyler. He's a great Uncle and we LOVE him and Heather TONS!


Blowing out the candles, take two. Because I forgot to take a picture the first time. And I only put one candle on. I don't know what I was thinking.


Here's take one. I got it on video. 
As a side note, Brandon refused to wear a shirt all day long! I tried over and over, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Then I decided it just wasn't worth the fight. It was his birthday after all.


I guess we didn't do much by way of celebrating Earth Day except for the fact that I went through and recycled all the soda cans and water bottles we drank from. Does that count? I think one year I'm gonna do a total Earth Day birthday party for him. Digging in the dirt, making mud pies, eating Earth Worm pudding. That kind of Earth Day stuff. Sounds perfect for a boy huh! Maybe next year.

No comments: