Monday, March 25, 2013

It finally happened

Spring is upon us. The sun is shining bright and the weather is warming up. It's quite beautiful outside actually. So of course it would make sense that "IT" finally happened. Yup...Brandon got sick. My swim short wearing, flip flop sporting boy doesn't get sick all winter, but as soon as Spring hits, he goes down.

But really it wasn't too bad. Either he has an incredible immune system or he is just building up for the worst sickness EVER, but he's not too hard of a sick kid. He woke up at 1 am on Friday morning and threw up (in the toilet) while trying to go to the bathroom. I think he thought he had to go because his stomach must have been hurting. So it was kind of convenient that "some" of it actually got in the toilet (I know...TMI). Me and Paul cleaned him up and put him in our bed with a trash can next to him. He threw up two more times that night and then laid around and slept most of the next day. He didn't eat anything, but I was able to get him to take sips of water from time to time. By that evening he was up and wanting to play with his siblings and by Saturday he seemed pretty back to normal. So that was a quick sickness. And one that I was very grateful for after the hard month of everyone else being sick. Miraculously Paul and I have stayed well. I should knock on wood every time I see it, because seriously this has been a KILLER sick season. Everyone I know has been sick and has had sick kids. And not just colds. We're talking about REALLY sick. Like down and out for a week or more. It's been bad. I think we're all ready for it to be over with. I for one am anyway. I'm ready to go out and enjoy this beautiful weather we are having. Spring Break is next week and while I have no amazing plans, I do intend on being outside with the kids and going and doing as much as we can. Lots of park days and picnics. Maybe a swim in our pool if it's not too chilly still. A trip down to the Aquarium? Not totally sure. But I'll come up with something!

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

That irony really is kinda funny! Glad he's a quick one, though. School just wasn't the same for Ry :) Yeah to nice weather

Beth said...

Boo for sickness!!! Yes, let's chat about spring break. I wanna have some fun, but low/no stress. ;)