4 Cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup sucanat (you can use brown sugar)
1 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
1 TBSP vanilla
(Tip: Use the same measuring cup for the oil and honey. Measure the oil first and then the honey will slide right out of the cup.)
Mix wet ingredients. Then add dry ingredients and mix together.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides). Press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes (check often. Mine took 20 min) until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes and then cut the bars while still warm. Then cool completely.
They freeze well too!
3 comments:
Yummm... I think you need to save me one ;)
Thanks Amber! Made today, they are yummy!
I just realized you have to approve comments so that is why they haven't been showing up.
I am redoing my recipe binder to include only the recipes I actually use. Putting this one in it.
Post a Comment