Saturday, May 18, 2013

Wow what a day

The kids were out of school yesterday for a State Budget cut day. I had just gotten on antibiotics for an ear infection the day before, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from having a fun day with my kiddos. After much debate in trying to decide WHAT to do (we wanted to go to the beach but it just wasn't warm enough), we ended up heading out to Underwood Family Farm for the morning. We left at 11 am and stopped at McDonald's on the way out for lunch. It was a beautiful day and the weather there was great. We went with a couple of friends and really had such a nice time. The kids ran around and played together, we fed some animals and let the kids play on a moon bounce for a while. We wanted to go on a wagon ride, but apparently that is only opened on the weekends. We got home about 3:45 pm and sat down for a few minutes to relax. At about 4:10 pm another friend of mine texted me to see if I wanted to meet her at the park. Well, of course I would rather spend time at the park then do what I should have done, which was to clean the house, so off we headed. The kids continued their fun playing with their friends and I got to chat with mine while enjoying the awesome weather we had yesterday. At about 6:15pm, we left the park and zipped over to Little Caesers Pizza and then home for dinner. Got home at 6:45pm, fed the kids, tried to pick up a little bit and then as soon as Paul got home at 7:15pm, left again for a Stake Mother/Daughter Activity. The theme was "I can be a missionary now" and they had two fun and highly energetic speakers. Then they taught us some zumba moves and finished the evening with a cute necklace craft and dessert. By the time the event was over and we got home it was almost 10pm. Wow.....I was beat! But it was such a fun day. 

Brandon and Elijah







Ashlyn and Grace. Ashlyn couldn't be more happy to have Grace at church and church activities with her lately. The primary president was at the activity and commented on how cute it was to see Ashlyn happy and running around with someone. She's been the only girl in her class the entire time we've been in this ward and I don't think many people know the "real" Ashlyn because she's so quiet and keeps to herself at church.


I have the funniest, silliest friends. 
Brooke with her daughter Darby who will be 8 this next Friday. yahoo!



Ashlyn, Darby and Ashlynn


Most of the time when I'm not home to put Carter to bed, he insists on texting me before he will go to sleep. He can be pretty persistent, so Paul has just learned to go with it. Here's a screen shot of him saying goodnight to me. I think it's SO cute! 


Oh and because I know you are all on pins and needles, our moths finally died. The boy died on Tuesday night and so on Wednesday I put the girl one outside on a leaf thinking I would give it some freedom and fresh air on her last few days. But the next day we went to check on her and apparently a bird or something had gotten to her and tore her to bits. I know...gross and sad.  Brandon was the one to find her with her head a few inches away from her body and her wings a foot from that. I know...I know...TMI.

The eggs went in the trash. No more moths for us!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Ashlynn looks like a cat lounging on her perch. Cute post!

RachelAA said...

What a fabulous day - glad you enjoyed every moment :) wahoo for deceased moths !

mlauricella said...

I love that place! even if I am too cheap to pay for all the activities :) Glad you are still on the go with 4 kids, gives me hope I can do it too (with only 2 that is)

Dana said...

My head is spinning with all your comings and goings. You must have super-mom energy - very impressive and again filled with fun things and great kids and friends.

Moths? why did you have moths? maybe I should read on... !!