Grateful for the rare free day of fun, because honestly….it's expensive to entertain when you have four kids. But this past Saturday we hit the jackpot on fun and free.
Morning started out with a screening of "How to Train your Dragon 2". The screening came with soda, popcorn, candy and a plush toothless doll for each kid. Great great great movie! I totally LOVED it more than I thought I would, and I walked in expecting it to be great.
We got home and had a couple of hours of down time and then headed to the kids school for a free carnival. The church down the street from the school has decided to "adopt" us as a service project. They raised around $11,000 from their congregration and then put on this entire carnival full with bouncers, rock wall, face painting, clay pottery, popcorn, italian ices, hamburgers, hotdogs, animal show, live DJ…... The list goes on. It was such a fun afternoon and we didn't have to spend a dime. We were in parent heaven and the kids were having a blast. It's nice to see such a great community outreach. I was really touched that one church was able to put on such a fun day for a school of 600 kids.













1 comment:
Looks like it turned out awesome! I have a friend who goes to that church...good people!
Post a Comment