Oh my goodness, I've known this girl since I was 13. We are exactly three months apart and I first met her when I was out in CA visiting my Aunt and taking care of my baby cousin, Chad (who is now like 23). She was in my Aunt's ward and was the only girl that really befriended me. We didn't live far away from each other, so we often would meet up at the ice cream shop down the street or go on walks around Glendale together. They were some good memories and I was grateful to have her friendship while out here for four months at such a young age. We kept in touch over the years, often seeing each other when I would come back to CA and then again when we were both up at college together. She came to my wedding reception. Our lifes took us on different paths. She has traveled all over the world (at least from my perspective), has gotten her masters and has worked as a soccer coach at various colleges around the country. She has finally met her dream man though and I couldn't be more happy for her!
Luckily, her mom still lives in the house she grew up in and she had her reception there this past Saturday. I didn't get to talk to her much more than to say hi and congrats and take a picture, but I was glad I got to be there and help celebrate with her!
Bad timing of her hubby, but at least I got her face. This was their first dance. You could tell she was so totally out of her comfort zone. She's definitely not a girly girl. But I think she looked beautiful and I loved her dress!
A quick photo before someone else tore her away from me!
Her Dad passed away about 7 years ago rather suddenly. Luckily she has three wonderful brothers who stepped in for the "daddy/daughter" dance. I know her Dad was watching from Heaven and was so proud of his only daughter!




No comments:
Post a Comment