I have a friend who is a food storage specialist. And what's better is that she is more than willing to help and teach anyone how. She also knows how to get good deals and got me signed up with this meat delivery service. I got 40 pounds of fresh, never frozen, chicken for $1.99 a pound. Just had to trim some of the fat off and section it into family size servings. I reserved out 6 pounds and took them to her house where she helped me can and pressure cook them. Pretty awesome to have my own freshly packed canned chicken. I feel cool! Next time I'll get more. Canning is fun.
And yes, I know it looks kind of gross. It's not! I promise. I can't wait for summer so I can get my strawberry jam going! There's nothing better than homemade strawberry jam.

No comments:
Post a Comment