I'm not sure how, but somehow the year has arrived. Ashlyn will be going into the Young Women's program at church and I just have such mixed feelings about this. I'm so proud of her and the beautiful young lady she is growing into, but I'm having a hard time believing she can actually be turning TWELVE this year. Ya know what though, these two got baptized together and I seriously could NOT be happier that they will be going into Young Women's together. And only a month apart. They also both get to go to Young Women's camp in June and then get to start at the same Junior High in the Fall. I'm so grateful she has a good friend who is a member, even if we had to snatch Grace from CC2 and make her come to our ward. I just hope and pray Kristina doesn't end up moving. These two girls need each other through those crazy teenage years.
The program was really nice though and both girls were introduced and we learned a little about them. Then the current young women talked about the Beehive, MiaMaid and Laurel programs and about Personal Progress. Kaitlyn Todd played her flute, Bishop spoke for a few minutes on having courage and being kind (New Cinderella movie theme) and each girl was given a beautiful round mirror that was etched with this years theme "Embark in the Service of God". Ashlyn hung it on her wall and is so excited to get to be in Young Women's this year. I just know she is going to love it.
Here are Ashlyn's answers from her "get to know you".
1. Full Name : Ashlyn DeLain Schoeni2. Where were you born? Westwood, CA (at UCLA hospital)3. Have you lived anywhere other than Santa Clarita? If so, what is your favorite place? Why? Yes, I lived in Palms and Encino, but Santa Clarita is my favorite because it's basically the only place I remember living.4. Do you have any brother/sisters? If so, how many and where do you fit in the oldest/youngest? I have one sister and two brothers. I am the oldest.5. What is your favorite flower? Color? Rose and aqua blue6. What is your favorite meal/dessert? BBQ Chicken sandwiches, Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream7. What are some things that you enjoy doing? Reading, playing the flute and piano, watching TV, playing on the computer.8. If you could spend time with any one person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Grace because she's my Best Friend and I don't get to see her that much.9. Share something about you that no one would know about. I love to collect tiny things. Stuffed animals, toys, etc.10. Share a dream that you have, something you would like to do or see some day. I would like to go to Paris someday.11. What is your favorite movie? Book? Game? Harry Potter, Fablehaven and Harry Potter, Clue12. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do? Sleep in late and then read all day13. Which is your favorite temple and why? Nauvoo because it's really pretty and my grandparents live in Nauvoo.14. What gospel principle do you have the most solid testimony of and why? The Priesthood because I can get a blessing to help me feel better.


No comments:
Post a Comment