We had our yearly Young Women's in Excellence yesterday. This is the first one I have ever been in charge of though. Thank goodness for amazing counselors who are creative and fun and willing to be at the church late the night before our event setting up and laughing about silly things. Sure love those two ladies.
We had an olympic theme and played "events" for each of the YW values. The girls brought things they have been working on this past year and Bishop ended with a great talk on Virtue. We gave the girls "gold medals" to remind them that there are no Silver or Bronze medals to Heavenly Father. They are each special and important and valued and deserve the "Gold".
I think it went really well. I at least had fun anyway!
Next up on the YW schedule…Our Walk to the Temple in November.






No comments:
Post a Comment