Friday, October 30, 2015

More Pre Halloween FUN!

The younger kids had no school the day before Halloween, but poor Ashlyn still had to go. It's hard to miss school in Junior High. But Dreamworks did their big yearly Halloween Family Lunch. The kids always look forward to this.


Last year we waited in line for close to an hour to get fake eyelashes on. So this year Leah made sure we did this first thing. She picked some pretty long ones which were super cute, but within a couple of hours she was ready to take them off.


Carter loves all the activities. They had candy necklace making, trick or treating, cookie decorating and more. He was one happy boy.


Brandon was most excited to discover that Dreamworks bought the rights to Captain Underpants and are currently working on the first movie. 
They aren't my favorite book series, but they get him excited about reading and up until the most recent few, were at least acceptable (despite the constant potty humor). The newest books crossed the line on their appropriateness for kids (in my opinion) and I asked Brandon to please not read them. Hopefully he'll listen to me.
I'm sure the movie will be harmless, especially since it will just be based off of the first book.


That afternoon we did the dreaded pumpkin carving. I say dreaded because it usually turns into a big fight about who gets to do what and no one really being able to do anything anyway, cuz they're too little and it's too hard. BUT…..this year surprised me. I guess the kids really are getting older. The girls worked together on one. Me and Carter worked on one together and Brandon had his own which he cut three faces into. They were each able to do it themselves (for the most part, minus Carter) and it actually was a lot of fun. So here's to having older kids! Yahoo!




Plus I think they turned out pretty cute!
This is one of Brandon's faces he designed himself.


Carter wanted an angry bird pumpkin.



And the girls had a bit of trouble with their pumpkins eyes so they ended up larger than they had wanted them. But I think it gave it a kind of "Nightmare before Christmas" look and I thought it was cute.


I tried putting glow sticks in the bottom to make them light up at night, but it didn't work that well. Next year I'll go back to candles.

No comments: