Monday, February 11, 2008

Easy Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf

This one's for you Jamie O. Hope you like it. We loved it. Even Ashlyn and Leah ate it. Leah more willingly than Ashlyn, but still.

2 lbs. ground turkey
1 cup milk (I used evaporated milk)
1 cup italian bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. Season All Salt (or you can use salt and pepper if that's all you have)
1 TBSP Worcheshire sauce
1 cup colby cheese, shredded (you can use more if you want it more cheesy)
1/2 cup ketchup (optional)

Mix all but the last two ingredients together. Fold in cheese last. Pack into a loaf pan and spread ketchup on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or to internal temp of 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.

SO yummy and moist. I also added about 1/2 cup of finely chopped bell pepper. And I halved the recipe and it still made plenty for our size family (with some leftovers).

Then I served it with steamed veggies (which the girls gagged on), and roasted red potatoes seasoned with Season All Salt and Olive Oil.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Wahoo! A new recipe! Thanks! And THANK YOU for taking Katelyn for me...you are a life saver!

Claire Thompson said...

Ooohhh! maybe I should try that one, all of my clan like cheese, except me. Meatloaf is not a British thing and the only recipe I have (that I really like) is for a turkey meatloaf, Bubby's turkey meatloaf from Dave Lieberman.

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love meatloaf so thanks!

Beth said...

Thank you for my Sunday dinner meal. I will definitely try this. You know I love anything easy with very few ingredients :)

Renee said...

I will definitely have to try it! Sounds great!

Beth said...

Hey, we had this for dinner tonight. It was a big hit. I will definitely make it again. Yummy comfort food. Thanks!

Marla said...

I am so excited that you put this up! I'm cooking meals for myself to save money and it sounds like it's pretty dang good! Thanks!