Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another great recipe

This one comes from my friend Camille who got it from some other website. Not totally sure. But since I got it from her, than I will call it her recipe.

Anyway, it is SO SO good. I think even better than the last recipe I posted. And it's pretty darn easy. I even used a rotisserie chicken and shredded it up. Or you could stick a whole chicken in your crockpot all day with some yummy seasonings and that would be easy too.

Chicken Tamale Casserole

1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. ground cumin 
1/8 tsp. ground red cayenne pepper (I didn't have this so I omitted it)
1 can cream style corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilis, drained
1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (Old El Paso brand is best in my opinion)
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup sour cream (for garnish, optional)

Combine 1/4 cup cheese with top 7 ingredients (thru chilis) in a large bowl and stir just until moistened. Pour in a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce surface liberally with a fork and pour enchilada sauce over the top. Top with chicken; sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes 8 servings. Top each one with 1 Tbsp sour cream and serve. YUMMY!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think i'm going to have to try this!! I should make your chicken and dumpling since it's COLD outside!

Amber said...

Jenn- That was actually another friends recipe. I think she got it off of allrecipes.com. So yes, I mostly just steal recipes from friends. Ha...