Monday, June 15, 2009

Today has finally arrived

There aren't many things in this world that would get my little Leah to get up, get herself ready and make her bed....all without being asked.

(I think this is the first time Leah has made her bed all by herself. Pretty good job huh?)

 Today was one of those days though where that happened. And what was so exciting about today you ask??? Disneyland maybe?  Visitors from out of town? NOPE!  It was swim lessons! But you have to understand. My little Leah has been sitting for TWO summers, watching Ashlyn from the sidelines, wishing she was old enough to be able to get in the pool herself. 


(Remember this picture? This is Leah last summer, watching Ashlyn take lessons.)

So, to her, today WAS a very exciting day. I thought she might be SO ready that she could start in level 2, but once she got in the water, she was a little more timid than I thought she might be. So they put her in level 1, and she was SO much happier.



7 comments:

Sydney said...

Leah is the cutest! I loved reading that post. And I really do have to come and visit y'all in January:) Let's make it happen!!

Sydney said...

oops...that was from me, chels

Kerri said...

How cute! Dylan doesn't turn 3 till the end of August. It would have been so sad to have him wait another year. So, I just signed him up, and they didn't pick up the fact that being born in 2006 would only make him 2. Of course, I didn't mention it to them, either! How fun for Leah! That pool looks really fun with the slide!

tphillips said...

Yay! I found your blog...ok so first...where do you take Leah for swimming lessons...I need to take my kids!!! How fun!!!

Beach Mommy said...

Way to go LEAH!!!

RachelAA said...

Hello it Rachel - I found you on Jamie's blog! That picture of Lead looking at the pool is so precious! We're at arjanderson.blogspot.com

Dana said...

It was so sad to see her sitting there wanting to go in the pool. It so great she got to go this year. mom