Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I will admit....this was a "weird" Thanksgiving weekend for us. I'm not entirely sure why. Paul had off from Wednesday through Sunday, so I had lots of help, but for some reason we all just seemed kind of off. I guess there have just been some weird stresses going on around here. Nothing major, but enough to tweak the mood a bit. Maybe it was because we were all at some stage of not feeling great. Or maybe it was the lack of sleep (because of not feeling great). Who knows. I really shouldn't complain though. Over all, it was fine!

Sometimes I like to take pictures of my kids sleeping. Brandon of course has swords and a light saber in bed with him. He has his own bed but doesn't like it and has adopted the guest bed (which is in his room) as his own. Whatever! I guess a toddler bed is too small for him. He likes the twin. 


Ashlyn doesn't usually sleep with this on her face, so I thought it was cute that she was this night. 


Leah's my rock solid sleeper. Likes to go to bed early and wake up early. She pops out of bed ready to go! Hope she stays that way come seminary.


We went to the park on Wednesday to let the kids run around. It was a nice day. Carter loves the swing and then mostly hung out in the wood chips after that.





For some reason this is the only picture I got on Thanksgiving. I guess we know where my priorities are....on the rolls!


Well, I take that back. At the end of the evening, two seconds before I walked out the door, I snapped a picture of Tyler and Heather. We spent the afternoon at their house eating and chatting and hanging out. Paul and I followed Carter around like a hawk (their house isn't exactly baby proof and he likes to get into EVERYTHING). It was quite exhausting. And despite the fact that at one point Paul and I were both less than two feet from the little guy, he still managed to knock over a ceramic decorative piece and smash it on one side. Sheesh! Last time he broke something over there, it was a family heirloom that I can't replace. Yeah, I pretty much felt like garbage!


Friday night was SUPER fun! I went to see Breaking Dawn with some of my favorite peeps ( I have lots of favorite peeps, so if you aren't in this picture, don't be offended. I'm a lucky girl in the friend department). It was SO fun and I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. Afterwards, we went for ice cream at Cold Stone (since we didn't already eat enough with all the popcorn, soda and candy we had at the movies). Then we headed over (in the dark) to see Tina's new house that is totally awesome. I'm SO SO SO excited for her. A five bedroom with a big backyard. 



I want this Christmas tree from Sam's Club. It's nothing special. Just a slim 7 foot tree, but I like it. I'm still debating. Christmas time always has my money going to other things so we'll see.


And even though this kid was most of the reason for the "off" weekend, he's still super cute. He's just in a really difficult stage. Literally can't take my eyes off him or he's into something. It might be the end of me to see him through this next year. Hopefully I'll survive it. 


Paul is Super Dad (despite all the other things he has going on) and is always thinking of fun things to do with the kids. I swear I can't compete with him. He's too fun and creative. He built a block tower with the kids and then they all raced their cars to knock it down. He's so good at keeping them happy. I hope they realize how lucky they are!


On Saturday Paul took the kids to the Griffith Observatory. Ashlyn was SO excited that she could hardly sleep the night before. I was going to go also, but made a last minute decision to stay home with Carter since he was up for three hours the night before because he was so congested. Paul took some pictures there, but they are on his phone so I will have to get them later. They had lots of fun. I was sad to miss it, but I am sure I will go again some other time. 

On Sunday we went out to Agoura Hills to hear my cousin Chad's mission homecoming talk. It was great to see him and listen to him talk about his mission. He's the first in our family to serve a mission. We are all very proud of him!

This Saturday is Paul's big 34th Birthday. How did we get so old? I'm excited for our date night. I think we both need it! 

Well, my baby is crying and it's time to pick up the girls from school...so I'm off. Good timing!

1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I think it's so cool that the shadow of your hand, holding the camera taking a picture of you and Paul at the park, forms a heart. At first I was wondering if you did that on purpose and then I realized you're just holding the camera. Cool.