I went to blog about something....anything, and this was all I found on my camera AND on my phone. A few pictures from the zoo last Friday when the kids had the day off and a couple of random shots of the boys playing at home. Not too exciting. But it's not because nothing has been going on. Quite the opposite. I guess it just hasn't been the picture taking kind of things though. I've been pretty darn busy. So much so that a couple of weeks ago I lost TWO pounds in one week without even trying or realizing it. I just didn't have much time to eat I guess. So I didn't. That is SO not like me. I quickly remedied that though and those two pounds managed to come right back. Haha... Can't say I missed them.
Our ward's primary program was the last Sunday in October. That definitely kept me busy and now I have sharing time all month so I'm busy with that too. Girl Scouts fundraising, kids, school, activities, who knows what I've been doing, but time has been speeding by.
Ashlyn's been doing great in school and met her AR goal (after a little prodding on my part to get her to be brave enough to tell her teacher she needed to take some tests on the books she's been reading). Leah is LOVING school and is always sad when there is a day off. She writes letters to her friends ALL the time. I feel like I spend half my day spelling words for her. Brandon is doing great in preschool too. He still loves going and comes home talking about what friend he played with that day.
And let's not forget Carter. He's walking all over the place now and starting to get faster. He's definitely not a little guy anymore. He had his one year check up and weighs 22.3 pounds and is almost 30 inches tall. Both put him right about in the 40-50th percentile. OH, and I'm afraid the dreaded day is arriving. He is starting to realize how totally fun his Daddy is. He literally preferred him over me the other day. Probably the first time that has ever happened. Just about broke my heart. But I knew it was coming. I blame Paul for being such an awesome Dad (wink, wink). Can't blame the little guy for wanting to be with him. I'm still not too happy about it.
Paul has been as busy as ever with work. He's working on the remodel of Stoic. The Dad of Hiccup on How to Train your Dragon 2. His modeling supervisor has been saving this project for Paul so there's a lot of pressure on Paul to get it just right! But it could open the door for lots more character modeling, which Paul would love to do (I think. Maybe he's changing his mind about that now.) He renegotiates his contract this week and/or next, and while I am EXTREMELY grateful for his job and the money it provides us and that it enables me to stay home with our kids, I would be lying if I said I didn't care about him getting a raise. Having four kids in CA is not cheap! But we are so very blessed, so I really can't complain.
So that's about all for now. We are anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving. I just love that holiday. I know it kind of gets forgotten between Halloween and Christmas, and while I do have Christmas tunes playing in the car, I definitely don't let this wonderful holiday pass by unnoticed. I have way too many blessings to allow that to happen.
2 comments:
That's really exciting for Paul (the character modeling, I mean)! You'll have to let me know how the negotiations go. Ty is up in January and we are a little worried that with the current climate that raises won't be as great as they could be... Your little family is as cute as ever!
Your reference to those two pounds was "too" funny.
Post a Comment