Friday, October 12, 2012

Life goes on


I got to go out with some friends last weekend for Lauren's birthday. 


We sat and "tried" to watch General Conference. Carter got to do a little Superman Action. Heard some really great talks and I'm sure I missed some really great ones too. In fact, I got a migraine mid day on Sunday and ended up sleeping most of the rest of the day. So I DEFINITELY need to go back and watch what I missed.


Leah drew me a nice picture. She always likes when I save them for a little while. I like that I can take a picture of them and then "keep" them forever without actually having to KEEP them!


Brandon dumped the entire game cupboard out onto the floor the other night while I was in the kitchen making dinner. When I asked him why he did that, he simply said, "I was looking for something". What, he didn't know....just something. 


Got our official ballots in the mail. Can't wait to vote. GO Mitt!


And you know how it was blazing hot just a week and a half ago....well, that white stuff you see there is hail, so you know how our weather's gone. We got an awesome storm. Complete with thunder and lightening. It was great. Short lived, but still pretty awesome. Thank you Heavenly Father for answering Ashlyn's pleading prayer to "Please, please, please, please, please let it rain". 
She was one happy little girl.



Speaking of Ashlyn, she got the "Star Achiever" award two years in a row now for doing well on her STAR testing. SO very proud of her and all she's done. It doesn't always come easy for this girl, which makes me doubly proud because she works so hard to do well in school. Now to just get those multiplication facts down pat.


And for memory's sake, here's a shot of this months card club card I've been working on. I finally figured out how to use watercolor pencils and actually make it look like watercolor and not colored pencils. 



I was cleaning out my night stand the other day and found the journal I kept for Ashlyn when she was tiny. Like her first year of life....ya know....before my blog existed. It was so sweet to read some of the things I had written. Of course, I write much more personally when I know no one else is reading it. So although I love my blog and am definitely not going to quit working on it, it made me kind of sad that I haven't really kept up with journals for the other kids. I think Leah has one and Brandon has part of one, but I know I filled a couple for Ashlyn. I guess there have to be a few perks of being the first child, cuz I can guarantee there are days where Ashlyn's not sure there are any. Especially when all the girl ever wants is peace and quiet. 

I got to volunteer in the girls classrooms today. I only make it there twice a month, but I still enjoy it. I've decided I really like Ashlyn's teacher. I'm still not happy about her being in a split class, but at least she has a teacher who really cares about her learning. In fact, Ashlyn's teacher was one of only two teachers who attended the STAR testing awards last night. I told her today that it was so nice of her to come when she didn't have to. She just smiled and said going to nights like that are like Christmas for her. I thought that was sweet. 

Leah's teacher still isn't my favorite, but what can ya do. I feel like her teacher has a pretty short fuse and I wouldn't call her all that "fun", especially for being a 1st grade teacher. But on the positive, Leah is in class with a lot of her really good friends (which I can't say for Ashlyn). So I guess in my kids case, you get one or the other. At least they don't have neither.


2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Yep, I pretty much enjoyed the entire post :)

Camille said...

Such cute kiddo's!! And did Ashlyn get her hair cut?! ADORABLE!!! So sorry about Leah have a 'not-so-fun' teacher. Hannah had the same thing in 1st grade. And you are so creative with your cards!!! That storm last week sure was fun...we didn't get any hail over here...but did have thunder and lightening for well over an hour!!! Sorry about your migraine :( I love conference weekend!!!