Wednesday, October 3, 2012

That darn tooth

Can I just say that I do not like loose baby teeth. They are a pain in the booty. Seriously! Leah has had a wiggly tooth (her FIRST I might add) since early summer. Like June, maybe even May. I took her to the dentist for a cleaning and the dentist told her to start wiggling it a lot or else she'd have to come back and have it pulled (which I DID NOT want to have to pay for), since the two bottom adult teeth were starting to grow in behind it. But she didn't like wiggling it. I've been reminding her for MONTHS! We've tried pulling it a few times. She freaked out. And if you've ever seen Leah freak out, well you know how "fun" that was. 

Well, the blessed day finally arrived. Before bed tonight I asked Leah to please try one more time. The darn thing was hanging by a thread and food was getting stuck in it. It was gross. To my amazement, she agreed. So I slipped a dental floss slip knot around it and let her try to pull it (cuz heaven forbid I touch it). She tried for a little while with no luck. So I went to take the dental floss in my hands to take it off, she pulled away from me instinctively and bam.....it came out. HALLELUJAH!!!! She looked in the mirror, her mouth started bleeding and so of course she freaked out. I had her rinse her mouth and within a minute the bleeding had stopped and all the sudden it was the COOLEST thing ever to have lost her tooth. Man....I'm exhausted and I'm sure hoping every tooth isn't as traumatic, but I'm kind of thinking it might be.

But, isn't this THE cutest tooth fairy pillow ever. I found it last Christmas at a Holiday Bazaar, and this is the first time we've gotten to use it. Not many teeth have been falling out in this house lately, unless you count mine but that's a whole other awful story (ok, I haven't actually had any fall out, but I have been at the dentist A LOT this past month).

Note the baby tooth in the tooth fairies hand. Leah's idea of course.


And here's the happy girl, who is currently upstairs in her bed writing a letter to the tooth fairy, telling her the tooth is in the pillow. Haha....too cute! 


No comments: