Monday, October 1, 2012

Say What.....?

You've seen this picture before? Maybe that's because we just can't stop going to the beach. And for good reason. It's October 1st and I think it hit 104 degrees in Santa Clarita today. The beach, however, was a beautiful and clear 80 degrees. So why not take yet ANOTHER trip down there for the day? It's the first day of Fall Break after all. The beach makes total sense on FALL Break right? Well, I guess it does in California anyway. 

It really was a beautiful day and parking went down to $6.00 a visit (thank you "off season") so it was a win-win. The kids had some friends to play with. I had some friends to chat with. It was a wonderful day! 


Leah and her friend Ashlynn (not to be confused with our Ashlyn), found GOBS of sand crabs. And had a lot of fun doing it too.
(Too bad I didn't get a shot of all of them.)


Brandon played with his favorite pal Elijah. Those two are getting dangerously brave in the water. I had to bring my chair to the edge of the shore to be in closer proximity to them. Well for that reason and also because Carter wiped out twice and was a bit upset. He learned after that to run away from the waves when they came crashing.


Ashlyn is making a new buddy Lexi. They played all afternoon making up stories and building things in the sand to go along with their stories. 


And these are my cute girl friends. I know you've seen them before, but I couldn't resist. They are some fun gals to be with!


Leah's little bud, Ashlynn, had to leave early, so she made herself a new friend. I should have gotten a picture of the little girl. Instead, I just got a picture of her giant beach ball. Her name was Paris and she's 6 and in 1st grade just like Leah. Leah wanted to give her phone number to her at the end of the day, but I told her that probably wouldn't work since we didn't live close by (and Paris probably didn't either). But I'm glad she had fun with her. I'm always impressed at how brave and outgoing she is. She just makes friends where ever she goes. 


Backing up a little bit.........

We had our first ever garage sale this past weekend. Our community does one once a year, so we thought why not give it a whirl. I set out a bunch of college cook books from the good ole days of "Ricks College". I've been moving them from house to house all these years and never cracked them open once. They sold first off. LOL. Who knew? We ended up making a little over $50.00 which wasn't fantastic, considering most of my college books cost me more than that for ONE of them, but oh well. It was only about 3 hours of sitting there. Plus it got me motivated to clean out the closet under the stairs. I threw a big bag of stuff in the garbage and still had two bins of toys to sale. This is what is left to keep. It looks pretty organized right now, but don't worry, the kids will have the closet destroyed again in no time. 


This is what Carter did a lot of on Saturday morning during the garage sale. Sat in a box with my IPad. He's so cute, I had to take a picture of him.


And despite the massive heat wave we are having right now, my trees are telling me that Fall is in the air. So I'm holding out hope that my electric bill will soon be making a descent. 


1 comment:

RachelAA said...

80 at the beach = ideal! Glad you guys had such a nice day. All the pictures are so cute.