Can you guess who it is?
Yup! My little Carter boy!
I know his Birthday is on Halloween, but who wants to celebrate when everyone's out trick or treating. So the poor boy will always celebrate on a day separate from his actual Birth DAY. We kept it super low key this year since he doesn't know any different. I tried to be fun and made "mummy dogs" for dinner (of which the kids did not like. But me and Paul did. They were yum and I don't even really like hot dogs. Something about having it wrapped in a breadstick made it much better than when it's in a bun.)
Carter opened his presents (with a bit too much help from his siblings).
Among his favorites were his "Brobee" doll from "Yo Gabba Gabba".
And his "Christmas tree" book from his Grandma and Grandpa Briggs.
I love when it's the simple things that make kids most excited.
So far he hasn't paid much attention to his Dinosaur Rescue Mountain, but I'm sure he will with time.
I got us cupcakes from "The Cupcake Tree" bakery cuz I heard they were going out of business (sniff sniff), but when I asked the girl behind the counter she said no. So either she hasn't been informed yet, or my information is wrong. I'm hoping the later. I'd hate to see that shop close. They are still my favorite cupcake shop in this Valley.
Carter may have blown out his candles (well, one anyway. Leah "helped" with the other), but he really had no interest in it. His awaited treat for the night was this little bowl of m&m's. It's the only candy he likes right now.
Me and my little guy. I sure love this snuggle bug. He gives the best hugs and kisses.
So since he's too young to have a birthday interview, I'll do it for him.
I'm not sure his stats yet. His two year check up is next week.
But here's some favorites (and not so favorites) as of lately.
He loves milk and baby food (still).
He eats crackers, but only vanilla wafers, cinnamon graham crackers and cinnamon ABC cookies.
He likes bread and bagels and go-gurts and popsicles.
He likes to have whatever we are eating on a plate in front of him, but never ever eats it. Mostly smashes it around and then dumps it on our plates.
He's not too crazy about juice, unless it's in a juice box.
He loves "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Color Crew" (some little show he found on Netflix).
His favorite movie is Toy Story (at least that's what he turns on the most).
He loves "lift the flap" books. Especially if they have to do with Christmas.
He has a VERY rigid routine when it comes to going to bed at night. He MUST take a bath, read a book (or two....or three), rock while I sing him songs (2 or 3), and then rock a bit more. Then and only then will he lay in his bed quietly and go to sleep. I'd say he has us a bit wrapped. But when the alternative is him throwing up from crying, I'll take the routine.
He likes to take his own diaper off at night and literally took it off after I laid him down the other night without me knowing. He woke up in a big puddle of (only) pee....thankfully. He's my only kid that has done that. We're working on teaching him to keep it on.
He talks A LOT and can repeat anything he hears.
He also loves to sing and dance and one time busted out Selena Gomez on my IPhone during Sacrament. Ya...that was "fun". He then turned around and switched the lights off. Sacrament is always interesting with him.
He loves to dump things out of their proper place. Games, puzzles, buckets of toys. You name it and he likes to see it on the floor.
He loves to have me sit with him while he drinks his milk on the couch and often won't drink it if I don't sit by him.
He hates me to leave him with sitters, but always calms down right after I leave. It's the initial shock I guess, that he doesn't care for.
He's opinionated and demanding and often will yell at me to "GO" when I'm stopped at a stop light. HAHA...very impatient.
But he's also very sweet and very cuddly and loves his family most.
And we love him too!
But he's also very sweet and very cuddly and loves his family most.
And we love him too!
Happy Birthday my little 2 year old. You'll always be my Carter baby!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Carter!!! My cousin is born on Halloween (now in her 20s), I should ask her how she feels about her Halloween birthday. I bet the older the better. Loved his bday "interview". And Cupcake Tree ?? I think maybe I need to get Cole's bday cupcakes there.
Well, Ryder may be bigger, but they sure sound alike. Funny how routines are such a big part of this age - we have a similar bedtime routine, same strange food preferences, and same love of Toy Story :) It was nice seeing you today, even if it was a bit distracting with all the crowd. Happy Spooky Birthday to Carter!
He is a snuggle bug and so very cute. You are such a great mom. Glad he liked the book, only one I could find.
love, mom
Post a Comment