The girls had the day off from school. Brandon didn't, but since he just went to the pumpkin patch with his preschool, I thought it would be a great time to go with just them (and Carter too of course). So after quite a horrible morning with Brandon, fighting him to wear some stinking pants cuz it's getting cold and windy out, the girls and I headed up to Lombardi Ranch again for a fun morning. (We lost the Brandon fight btw.... darn boy kept taking them off as soon as we got them on him. Since I wasn't willing to let his behavior ruin the girls morning, I gave in and let the boy wear shorts. I think the natural consequences of being cold are gonna have rule here cuz he's not budging. If only I was really willing to send him to school in his undies.)
Anyway, back to the girls. It was quite windy this morning at Lombardi Ranch and there were quite a few field trips there today, but it was still a really fun morning. My friend, Becky, met me there with her kids and they all had a blast together running through the scarecrow alley and playing on all the fun toys around the Ranch.
I compared these pictures with the ones taken this time last year and I was amazed at how much the girls have grown. Both look to have grown at least a few inches if not more.
Fun times with good friends.
Carter could have stood here all day and watched this cow. It was too cute!
Sweet Leah.
And holy moly, when did he start looking SO DARN BIG!?
I sure love this guy.
After getting home, we had lunch, Carter took a nap and then the kids all painted baby pumpkins that we bought at Lombardi Ranch. Last year we did this with Becky and the kids loved it. So I guess we are starting a new tradition. We didn't get to paint them with our friends this year (thanks to me and my nap nazi self), but the kids still had fun.
Carter thought it was more fun to paint the plate instead. Oh well. Maybe next year.
Ashlyn very carefully painted her pumpkins.
Leah really got into this year too.
Even Brandon showed some good effort.
This was Leah's end product. A family of pumpkins. Super cute!
Until next year Lombardi Ranch. Can't believe Halloween is less than a week away. And we still have a 2 year old Birthday to celebrate! It's gonna be a fun week.
2 comments:
Cute! Cute craft, and I love the pic of Carter and the cow. He does look so big, and he's losing some baby chub. :(
You're awesome braving that wind! I hope you got that dirt off you :) And seriously, I am excited to introduce the whole painting of the baby pumpkins. We decided to start buying our real pumpkins elsewhere, you know, where they aren't ridiculously priced, so this will be a perfect way to compensate! Thanks :)
Post a Comment