Here's my "mummy dog's" from the night before. We had one casualty as you can see. In my defense I wrapped these REALLY fast cuz I had to get them done before running back out to pick Ashlyn up from Girl Scouts.
YUM! Cupcakes! The top left...that was mine....Red velvet. So good.
And here's my cute Carter on Halloween morning jamming to my old school ipod shuffle.
Oh and I made cookies for Leah's Halloween party. It kept me up late, but I know I'll be missing days like these. Before I know it won't be cool to have your mom bring in cookies to your class.
Ok, on to Halloween!
That morning started out with Brandon's Preschool party. He may not have worn a costume (surprise, surprise) but he actually participated in his program this year. So I was a happy momma! He did a good job too. And even sang me a song from his program later that day.
We left Brandon's Preschool party a little early so I could go pick up Ashlyn from school and head down to DreamWorks Animation for their yearly Halloween Bash. (Leah wanted to stay at school for her class party.)
While we were eating lunch, Ashlyn's costume twin found her and came to take a picture with her. It was really cute. She let Ashlyn hold her camel and admired her costume.
They had face painting and so even I got in on a little Halloween Spirit and got my face painted. Ashlyn opted for a pumpkin on her arm.
They had trick or treating.
Games for the kids to play.
And a "spooky" Halloween Cave to walk through.
Then we checked out the pumpkin carvings.
This one won 1st place.
Ashlyn got to decorate a VERY large sugar cookie, of which even she couldn't finish!
I got a picture with three of my four munckins. We missed Leah, but maybe next year we'll be cool enough for her to want to chose us instead of school. Just kidding. I don't blame her. How often do you get to have a class party?
That night we hit up our favorite Trick or Treating neighborhood just down the street from us. They have so many fun houses that go all out. It's quieter earlier in the evening but by the time we left, it was getting pretty packed. I was glad we hit it early.
And wow....surprise, surprise....Brandon didn't want to wear his costume AGAIN this year. I was smart though and borrowed one so I didn't waste money on something I knew he wouldn't wear. So if you squint your eyes a whole lot, you can just imagine him as a CA surfer boy. That's his costume (wink,wink).
Okay, this house is the coolest. Last year they had a whole Toy Story theme. Turned their garage into "Pizza Planet" from the movie. This year they RENTED this car and had stickers put on it and dressed up their yard with candy in the tool box there on the left. Seriously amazing the lengths people go to. I thank them for it because it makes my kids childhood memories all the more awesome without me having to do a thing!
After about an hour or more, we called it a night and headed home to count the loot. Here's some of the goods. I don't know what we are going to do with all of this stuff. One thing for sure is that it's definitely staying down stairs where it can be rationed out. I already went through it all and had the kids throw out stuff they aren't going to eat anyway. Might as well get rid of the yuck candy now.
Happy Halloween everyone! Till next year. I know the kids already can't wait.
2 comments:
What a memorable Halloween. Looks like tons of fun. Thanks for all the pics. love, you mom
Trick or Treating is all about sorting your loot! Sweet!
Post a Comment