I think this might have been one of my most favorite Christmas Seasons yet. I'm not totally sure why, but it was just really great. I didn't feel stressed or rushed. I got things done early and feel like I really got to enjoy the season. We focused a lot on the Savior and really got to do a lot of fun (yet simple) things together as a family. I feel very blessed.
My favorite line of the day though was at breakfast where my kids opted to actually eat breakfast together BEFORE opening their gifts. I was thrilled. We had cinnamon rolls with bacon, fruit and OJ. Leah was sitting at the table enjoying her bacon and all the sudden says, "I was thinking about baby Jesus, but now I'm thinking about bacon". I about died laughing. I love that girl! She's got some spunk.
We had a nice morning together as a family. Then headed over to my brother's house for dinner around 3:30. We had ham and turkey with potatoes and salad and rolls. It was delicious. I definitely indulged on quite a few treats today, but it was totally worth it. I'll work it off tomorrow.
I LOVE my tree. So glad we were able to get a new one this year.
Leah wanted to make sure Santa remembered what she asked for. Too cute! Santa was nice enough to respond to her....with a little encouragement to be extra good this next year.
Gifts from Santa.
Santa was good to Leah, that's for sure.
And he's always good to Ashlyn too!
Easiest Pinterest find EVER!
A new science kit for Ashlyn.
A power rangers sword for Brandon.
And I think Carter is going to turn this into his own personal pool this summer.
Leah's already decked out in her new attire. My mom sent her a keepsake book with pictures from her life. Ashlyn got one for her birthday so Leah was overjoyed when she got her own.
My boy and his bow. He couldn't be happier.
And as many of you know, Ashlyn is all about teeny tiny. So these squinkie zinkies are just about the coolest things ever to her.
Well, except for new accessories for her American Girl dolls. She was SO happy to get the "dreamy daybed" she was hoping for.
She disappeared into her room for hours this morning setting up her dolls own little corner space. I love her imagination.
And of course Leah is all about being fancy. Press on nails, make up, necklaces, perfume, headbands, a fancy fan. That was just a few of the things that made this girl happy today.
Ashlyn finally got a "moon in my room" that she has been wanting for a long time too.
This girl is just about the most fun person to have around on Christmas Day. She gets overjoyed for everything. It was so much fun to watch her open gifts. She even did it for other people's gifts too. You never have to guess how this girl is feeling....good or bad.....she always let's you know.
Guess I should get in at least one picture. Brandon took this shot. I was actually surprised it turned out.
Wish I would have gotten a group shot at Ty and Heather's. But aren't the girls just adorable in their little santa outfits? They're such sweeties too. It was fun to go hang out for a few hours with them.
"Here I am"!
Aunt Heather always picks out the cutest clothes for the girls. They couldn't wait to put them on.
Merry Christmas everyone! Is it too early to start the countdown for next year?
2 comments:
I did my cinnamon rolls like that too! Just forgot to take a picture! Looks like you had a great Christmas.
Leah's expression is priceless - love the joy in her face. Looks like the perfect day.
Post a Comment