Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

I honestly can't believe I am 35! Like seriously.....how did this even happen? I mean, obviously I know how it happened. But I just can't believe it has happened to me, and so fast! I'd say I've been kind of depressed about it this whole month or two leading up to it, but now that it's finally here, I think I am okay. I think. At least I am trying to be okay with it. Getting older definitely has its perks. And some things make me really happy to be 35. Other things make it hard. I do have a lot to be grateful for. I have a wonderful husband, four wonderful children and a home I love. And that's just naming a few. So don't get me wrong. I am very grateful. And I am especially grateful for my health. But still....Getting older just kind of stinks. I'd like to say I'm one who will get older with grace and be fine with it, but really I'm having a hard time doing that.

So I'm going to just try my best to make the most of it. Because honestly, what else can I do? And make a commitment to really take care of myself, so that I will FEEL young for a long time to come.

I did have a great birthday celebration, that actually started last week. Last Saturday Paul and I celebrated our December birthdays together at a nice steak restaurant. It was delicious, but I don't think I could have brought myself to go to it if it were not for the very generous gift card that my cousin gave to us for some art work Paul did for her earlier this year. It was honestly the best steak I have ever had though. And it was definitely a fun restaurant to be at.

Today I was woken up by two of my wonderful friends who surprised me and took me out to breakfast. Then I got to go get a pedicure with another friend later today. I got to relax and enjoy being with my family. We ordered pizza and got a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (well SAMs club Cheesecake Factory but still). It was a really nice day over all. And I am very grateful for everyone who helped me feel special and loved today. I even talked to everyone in my family in the same day. That hardly ever happens.

So even though I'm not too terribly excited to be another year older, I am grateful for all the blessings that have come to me with age. So here's to an awesome year.....with many, many.....many more!



1 comment:

Dana said...

I understand getting depressed over getting older. My hardest birthday was turning 30. It felt like youth was really behind me when I left my 20's. Now as I am REALLY getting older, I'd love to be 30. The important thing is to just keep thinking young and, as you said, take really good care of yourself. I love you, mom