Monday, December 3, 2012

Paul's Birthday

Paul took the day off from work so we could celebrate all day! It was lots of fun. The three older kids had school so we headed out with Carter in the morning for a little shopping and lunch at Rubio's (one of Paul's favorite places to eat). I had to pick up Brandon at noon, so I sent Paul off to go see a movie and then to spend some time at the comic book shop. After school Ashlyn had piano lessons, but we got home just a few minutes after Paul finished up his little outing, so it worked out perfectly. I made dinner while Paul helped the girls with their homework and then we had a yummy dinner of Enchiladas (another of Paul's favorites). 

Then we decided to mash FHE and his Bday celebration together and decorated a Gingerbread house and train, had carrot cake (well cupcakes) and opened a few gifts. 

Happy 35th Birthday to my favorite man! I love him and am so glad he's mine!




Lunch at Rubio's. I'm so lucky we like the same places. This was like a treat for me too! 

And, I think I need to brush Carter's hair a bit more often.  


Decorating the house and train. I thought it'd be easier to decorate first and then assemble. Ashlyn and Leah were really getting into this year. Ashlyn especially. She wanted it just like the picture. We did our best. I think it turned out pretty well.




I cheated this year and bought cupcakes for Paul. I usually make a Texas Sheet cake for him since that's his favorite. But Carrot cake is a close second, so he didn't seem to mind.



Paul got some cash from his parents (He's still trying to decide what to get with it). My parents sent him an ITunes GC (a gift he never gets tired of), and then I got him some cologne and the kids got him some other little odds and ends; New drawing pencils, his favorite candy. Stuff like that. 

I think it was a pretty good day. I hope he thinks so too!



1 comment:

RachelAA said...

It looks like a great day. Such a cute couple and cute family. The perfect day, I'd say :)