SO..... I was a little bit ghetto this year. Almost didn't send out cards at all, but I love to so much that I couldn't help myself. So even though we didn't get any nice family photos this year, I thought a quick snapshot was better than nothing. I took the photo to Paul's work and had these cards made up at their photo center (FOR FREE). The coloring looks a little weird in this picture, but probably because it is a picture of a picture.
Below is the little "Newsletter" I added with the picture. Just a few little things about our family this year.
But what makes this most ghetto is that AFTER I stuffed, addressed and stamped all the envelopes, I realized I had a typo in it. At the very bottom. Last sentence even. What I meant to say was "May you have a blessed 2013". What I actually typed was "MAYBE you have a blessed 2013". BAD, I know....but what could I do. I wasn't going to waste all those stamps and envelopes. So it was either send them out with the typo, or don't send any at all. I opted to send them and hoped that not too many people even read all the way through the little letter. Or if they did, that hopefully their mind read it the way it was suppose to be. Next year I vow to do better!
Ashlyn- Turned 9 in August and started 4th grade. She continues to be busy with girl scouts, activity days, and piano. She started ballet and plays the flute in her school band. She is sweet and helpful and the peacemaker of the family.
Leah- Will be 7 in February and is in 1st grade. She took a few classes of gymnastics and continues to cart wheel and somersault around the house constantly. She is learning to read and doing excellent in all subjects in school. She is spunky and fun and loves playing with her baby brother.
Brandon- Will be 5 in April and is in preschool three days a week. He tried out soccer for a while, but decided he didn’t want to do it anymore. He is all boy though. Loves swords, guns, action figures, building things and wrestling with anyone who will wrestle with him. He is rough and tough, but thankfully has a soft spot for his mom.
Carter- Turned 2 on Halloween and is talking a ton. He pals around with mom all day and especially loves to come to exercise class with me so he can play with his friends. He loves all things outdoors and in good weather can be found on the swing and jumping on the trampoline. He asks to go to the park or the beach just about everyday.
Paul- Is going on seven years at Dreamworks Animation and still loving it. Currently he is working on “How to Train your Dragon 2”. But he has also worked this year on “Turbo” and “Croods”. He is still serving in the Bishopric in our ward and enjoying it.
Amber- I’m still enjoying being a stay at home mom. Life continues to gets busier and busier as the kids get older and I love it. I’ve been blessed with wonderful friends and great opportunities to volunteer in my girls classroom and work with the Activity Day girls in Primary.
We are grateful for this wonderful time of year to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We are also grateful for you: Our wonderful friends and family! May you have a blessed 2013.
1 comment:
Some things just don't matter, no worries. We did nothing in the way of cards or Christmas letters. I am determined to simplify the craziness of Christmas. I am sending out Valentine cards. Wish I had your card making stuff and we could do it together. love you
Post a Comment