I planted a garden. Kind of on a whim. But I had to go to Lowe's to buy a new Kitchen faucet (more on that later) and while I was there I thought….what the heck! I want a garden this year. It's small and not very impressive, but I'm really hoping it will grow. I'm nervous with this drought about wasting too much water keeping the ground moist enough for anything to grow, so we will see.
I have decided that hot chocolate in a huge mug with whipped cream and hershey's syrup is definitely the way to go. It's also awesome for helping get through a 2 1/2 hour long Relief Society meeting. Not complaining. There's always lots to talk about and discuss. Hot chocolate just makes it more fun.
Ashlyn's 6th Grade Promotion pictures. Which I might have actually bought if she didn't have a weird smile. Even she was like, "Why am I smiling like that?" lol. This girl hates school pictures. They always put her in the most awkward positions. Oh well!
This boy officially has a jigsaw puzzle mouth. I love this toothless stage. So hilarious.
Ashlyn had a STEAM presentation at Mitchel Elementary. She got to show off her Maglav train that her and her buddy got to levitate. There's a big push with technology in Common Core. She wasn't thrilled to have to be here, but she did it. I'm sure proud of her.
Ok back to the sink. This is officially the 3rd kitchen faucet we have had in this house in the last 6 years of owning this home. In comparison, I think we had the same kitchen faucet my entire life growing up in FL. So I don't know what the heck is wrong with ours that it thinks it needs to be replaced every couple of years. It's irritating. I think it's probably due to the extremely hard water we have in this town. It's breaking all the tubing with the nasty corrosion and build up. Probably the same reason our water line to the ice maker in the freezer is busted too. I'm telling ya….if you are looking into owning your own home, make sure you have some extra money put aside each year for home repairs. Sheesh!
Anyway, we didn't want to have to call a plumber, so even though Paul pretty much hates doing home repairs, he got on YouTube and taught himself how to replace the faucet. And the good news is that it wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. So big props to him for going outside his comfort zone and saving us on labor costs! I love ya honey!
AND I love my new faucet that has a higher head with a pull out nozzle that points down. So hopefully if it starts leaking again, the water will go down into the sink instead of all over the bottom floor underneath the sink! Ugh….talk about mildew. I tried to spray it down with bleach, but I'm afraid our cabinets are just too old.








2 comments:
Ahhhhh!!! I'm dying over the Ashlyn picture! How is she graduating. Makes me have flashes to high school! Woah!
crazy about all those sinks!! I think the same is with our dishwashers we keep going through them. and yes i think its the hard water too. and glad to hear you didn't buy the pictures either. although i felt a little guilty
Post a Comment