I don't understand why women don't like Mother's Day. I've always loved it. I know I'm not a perfect mom. Far from it. But celebrating Mother's Day or being happy it's here doesn't make me feel guilty. It's a day to celebrate motherhood and all of the great women in my life who have mothered me or influenced me for the positive. It's also one of the only days of the year that I can get my kids to do what ever I want simply by saying "but it's Mother's Day". I fully do not mind using that to my advantage.
Having said all of that, I had a great Mother's Day weekend. Friday night was the Mother/daughter activity night that is held yearly. I got to take both of my girls for the last year together. We made cute picture frames, had ice cream sundaes and listened to great speakers talk to us about being modest physically and spiritually and loving our roles as girls and women.
Then the next morning was a Stake RS conference themed "You are Amazing". What woman doesn't want to go to a conference with that title? We got to pick two classes to go to. I picked one on relationships where the speakers were uplifting and absolutely hilarious. Then I picked another one about finding the "amazing" in everyone. Because we all do great things..small or large. It doesn't matter. If we are trying to help or serve one another and be more Christlike, than we are doing ok!
Then after a "tad" long (one full hour) musical presentation where I may or may not have gotten distracted reading "cleanhumor" on my instagram account (I never said I was perfect), we had a yummy lunch and then I headed out with Becky to go shopping for the afternoon at the mall. That night Paul and I went on a little date out to dinner at BJ's Restaurant and then on Sunday I got showered with love and chocolate and affections all day long. It was fantastic. I loved it. I got to sleep in until 9:30. Got up and made breadsticks (for dinner that night) and a Texas Sheet cake (for RS that day) and then went to church. We had dinner at a friends house and partied until well…8pm cuz it was still a school night after all. I considered myself pretty darn lucky.
Which I had to remind myself of the very next day when Carter threw such a ridiculous fit about staying at the kid's club at the gym that I had to yank him out of there before he threw up, completely missing my class and embarrassing myself pretty bad in the process. Just keeping it real people!
Leah made me this Mother's Day box which I thought was so completely adorable and even more so because she thought to make it all on her own. It made me so happy!
And since I won't keep it forever, I took thorough pictures of it to remember it well.











1 comment:
That box is to die for!!!! Sorry about Carter, but hey, you're not alone in such displays ;) I'm glad you had a great weekend.
Post a Comment