I love Open House. Mostly because my kids are SO excited to show me and Paul everything around their classrooms. Brandon had a scavengar hunt list to follow and goodness were we in trouble if we detracted from the correct path. So cute how serious they take it all.
First up, Leah's class and darn it, I always get pictures of the kids with their teachers at Open House and I totally spaced it this year. I'll have to do it on the last day now. Oh well!
Leah's bubble gum math facts. She passed all her timed multiplication tests and is well into her division tests. Woohoo!
Now to Brandon's class. The poor butterflies have not hatched yet. Hopefully soon. His teacher told me Brandon watches these like a hawk constantly asking to check on them (by himself with no other kids around he says). Haha…
This picture cracks me up! Love his cute face he drew.
And his snake fangs. I was dying. At least he didn't put blood dripping down.
His book report charactors. Bird and Squirrel.
On to Ashlyn's class. Definitely quite different from the other two classrooms. Most of the things Ashlyn showed me was on her IPad. They've been so fortunate to have one on one IPad's this year in class. She's learned so much and has made at least 4-5 presentations using Google slides, powerpoint, keynote, Imovie and other apps I've never even heard of.
I love that her teacher cut up her door poster and kept it up for Open House. That one took me the LONGEST!
Can you find Ms. Ellingson's name? I tried to make it super tricky.
They've spent the last portion of the year learning all about Ancient Eygpt.
And there are so many technology and engineering type projects now with Common Core. It's pretty cool though. It's their future. They might as well learn it young.
This was super cute too. I'm sad to see Ashlyn leave Elementary school, and I know I say this all the time, but I'm so proud of her and how hard she has worked. I definitely don't understand everything about the new Common Core curriculum, but what I do know is that it has forced Ashlyn to interact more and work in a group setting better. She'll be better off for it.
It's fun to know I have many more years of elementary with my three other kids and I hope to have some of the teachers Ashlyn has had. Love teachers that do it simply for the love of the kids and teaching. We may not have the newest or prettiest school (well until the new addition is done) or the best demographics, but we've had a pretty great school experience so far. I can't complain.






















No comments:
Post a Comment