Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Relief Society Christmas Party

I'm on the "Enrichment" board now, which means I get to help with the Relief Society parties. Fun calling huh!

This was our big RS event for Christmas. We served a full dinner with dessert, listened to a beautiful song sung by Lisa Hall, and watched a 20 minute video of ward members telling their favorite part of Christmas. It ended with the video of "The Nativity" that the church did. 

It was a lot of work, but so much fun and I think it turned out really nicely. Everyone seemed to have a good time. The Young Women even helped to serve the food and the Young Men helped out in the nursery. So it was definitely a collaborative effort. Very grateful for all the wonderful help. 

Everyone went home with a little picture easel with quotes they can rotate through.



Brittany conducted the meeting.


And I seriously don't even remember Tina doing this when the picture was taken. Crazy girl. We WERE hungry.


Beautiful nativities as center pieces.


I literally came home with ham juice dried on my face. GROSS! Luckily you can't see it. Next time I'm bringing an apron. And maybe a face shield. Haha...just kidding. I just need to be more careful pulling hot ham out of a crockpot.



4 comments:

RachelAA said...

You did a fabulous job!!!!!!

Amber said...

Thanks Rachel. I seriously didn't even know you were there until I saw these pictures Mindy took. Glad u came and enjoyed it.

Dana said...

Out of Primary, seriously. Well, it looks like more fun activities are in your future. I'm sure you'll enjoy the change. Congrats.

love you, mom

Amber said...

Mom....uh.....I've been out of primary since may. Lol. Well actually I'm activity day leader too. But that's not quite the same as being in primary.