Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Resolutions in Review

As the year draws to an end, I have started thinking about the resolutions I made this past year and how well I've done keeping them. When I look back on what I wrote in January, I can honestly say I did pretty well. But that definitely doesn't mean I don't need to continue to improve. There are a few resolutions that I totally rocked...some I did pretty well and others that I pretty much dropped the ball on. Here's where I stand (in yellow):


For me personally:
  * Keep up with the Relief Society Manual lessons. Meaning, read them even though I haven't been in RS for so many years I have lost count (I'm NOT complaining. I LOVE primary.) ***got released the end of May. I'd say I read a handful of lessons before I got released and while I did better after getting released, I in no way read the lesson every week.***
  * Keep up with my blog (it's totally my children's scrapbook) and finish two blog books this year. ***Rocked this one. It was easy though. I love to blog. Oh and I did make one blog book. But not two. Oops. Forgot about that second half.*****
  * Utilize my 18 remaining spin classes before they expire and do my aerobics DVD at least twice a week.****Rocked this one too. In fact, I'd say I'm doing pretty darn well in the exercising department.**** 
  * Drink more water, LESS soda (I didn't say NO soda. Haha)****I did okay here. I don't drink TOO much soda, but I still have 4-5 cans a week. I think I need to work more on my sugar consumption in the coming year than anything else.*****
  * Read 6 books this year. *****I would say I did awesome at this because I did read 6 books this year, BUT they were all read in January and February, and I haven't done much reading since. So I'm not sure I can say I rocked this one. Although I guess technically I did read 6 books.*****

For me as a mom:
  * Continue monthly one on one dates with each of our children.****This got fuzzy as summer hit since I was doing so much with the kids, but I would say I did pretty well even if I didn't do each of my kids every month. Paul and I traded off.*****
* Pray for patience and the ability to yell less (I hate yelling. I hear myself doing it and it makes me sick. I can only imagine what my kids are thinking.) ****I'd say I yell less....but I think that has more to do with not having a baby (which means more sleep) than it does with anything else. So I will give myself an "okay" on this one.*****
  * Play/read/interact with my kids more. I'm really good at taking them places and doing things, but when we get home I go off and do my thing and they do theirs. I need to work on taking some time to interact with them at home more. (Well, I guess I'm talking about the girls more. The boys still demand quite a bit of my attention. Haha). ****I think this one has been easier too as Carter has gotten older. I still need some improvement, but I wouldn't say I did awful. Plus my girls are getting older and are so fun to talk to these days.*****
  
For me as a wife:
  * Go on at least two dates a month with Paul. ****Rocked this one. But that was another easy one.****
  * Be more patient with his calling. (That's gonna be a hard one at times.) *****I did pretty well here too I think. But it's another one that is a work in progress.*****

Home Improvements:
*Replace the kids closet doors with new mirrored ones. *****Dropped the ball here. Life is expensive and it was never at the top of the priority list. I'm going to rethink my "Home Improvements" in the coming year.*****

Stay tuned for my 2013 resolutions. Some might look quite similar. Others I've got to change up. 

2 comments:

Beth said...

wow. good job. you've inspired me to go back and look at mine too. some of ours are very similar. and yes - you rock in the working out dept. and you're also pretty inspiring as a mom/friend/spin class partner and such. good job amber!!!

RachelAA said...

This is way cool - and fun because I totally remember stealing a couple things off your list last year.